cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can somebody help me ID this???

Bill___Kate
Explorer
Explorer
I am hoping somebody in the group can help me identify the hookup shown in the attached pictures. We recently purchased a used 2014 Wildcat 272RLX fifth wheel, and the previous owner has this hookup installed. There is a dedicated power line directly from the battery to the panel installed near the floor in the bedroom. This panel includes a power plug, a four conductor wire with the plug cut off, and two PL-259 style antenna connectors. The two coax wires and the four conductor wire all lead to the docking station where they are terminated with two more PL-259's and a four-way connector. Anybody know what this could have been for? Ham radio? CB?

Bill & Kate - Stone Harbor, NJ
w/ Bailey (standard poodle) and Zeke (partipoodle)- both rescues
2018 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab w/ 6.2L gasser
2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX fifth wheel
3 REPLIES 3

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
And the power connection appears to be typical red & black Anderson PowerPole connector. I'd bet Ham as well.
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I agree the PL-259 is used by both CB and Ham. but with two of them I'm guessing HAM.. I have several radios here in my RV some of them require 2 (or more) antennas so I'd need multiple connections.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
You got it. Ham most likely. Someone wanted plenty of DC power for a transmitter with the dedicated run.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008