cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV show

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
Went to the West Palm Beach RV show today. I was totally shocked at the poor quality of the units there. There were many people including young kids going in and out but the problems were missing panels, loose or missing hardware, doors that did not close. The most expensive motor home was the Dutch star. I toured the Newmar factory and this unit should not have passed the final inspection.
Ken
5 REPLIES 5

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
WTP-GC wrote:
When it comes time for an RV show, I do wonder if the dealers select the RVs on their lots that have problems already. Since they know hundreds or thousands of people will be in and out of the units in a short period of time, touching things, breaking things, sitting down on the furniture with objects in their back pockets, etc.

I would hope that it would be exactly the opposite. Bring your best units to show off your lines. Let's face it; there's a lot of junk out there. The RV shop at the place I work is seeing 2 year old units with major issues. Even the appliances are not lasting as long.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
When it comes time for an RV show, I do wonder if the dealers select the RVs on their lots that have problems already. Since they know hundreds or thousands of people will be in and out of the units in a short period of time, touching things, breaking things, sitting down on the furniture with objects in their back pockets, etc.
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We complain about the same thing and I work for an RV dealer. What happens is the rv comes from the factory to the dealer and is inspected on arrival. Whatever is not right is fixed under warranty. If the rv breaks after that, and they do, they are not repaired until after it's sold because there is no warranty reimbursement before the sale. It sux but that's the way it is where I work.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
And still people buy them......but at least they only pay the, "show price.".....:S
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro