Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yep back her down the street, just about five minutes BEFORE THEY leave for work.

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, you sure have some bad relationships with your neighbors. I wonder what the rest of the story is. How many vehicles really need to be moved to allow you to get your rig in and out? I like the idea of parking one of your vehicles in the spot you need vacant to get in and out, thus securing the needed room.

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had the same problem at our old house. No HOA but one neighbor that was difficult. I got very good at backing up because of him.

If I were in your shoes and it was practical I’d back all the way in.

If that is not feasible I’d look into either the fire department or the police department and see if they could enforce the regulations.

If that didn’t work I’d go to the HOA.

The way I solved my problem is we moved. And now I have a problem neighbor in a different way....

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

turbojimmy

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 05:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

gbopp wrote:

You have 235' of driveway. Is there anywhere you could turn around or make a turn around area along the driveway?

That was my thought immediately. We don't know the shape of his property, but there should be a way to do it.

Yep. My driveway is about 500 feet long, but it's a flag lot. There's nowhere I could turn my RV around until I get to the end by my house.

It sounds like there's no love lost between the parties anyway, so I'd just ask the HOA to enforce the rules. I mean, you're probably paying a not-inconsequential sum of money every month to the HOA, right?

1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/19 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd have to try just about anything I could to resolve before going to the HOA. Once you go down that road, like others have said, there will be no doubt where the complaint came from. I'd be worried about retaliation.

I guess one can assume that having your RV at your house won't violate any HOA rules? Sure would be embarrassing to go complain and have the HOA say "well sir, it's against the rules to have your RV on your property"...

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

msmith1.wa

Tacoma, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 08:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dapperdan wrote:

It would seem to me if there is not enough room for you to get around the cup di sac, there isn’t enough for your local fire department either. That would be illilegal not to mention a serious safety concern. Bring it to the HOA’s attention and or your local fire department. I would think the fire department would intervene on that parking situation.

Dan

This is what I was thinking.

2003 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 8.1l
2016 Evergreen Amped 28FS

ROBERTSUNRUS

Salem, Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/19 11:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon] Hi, I live in an HOA now, but don't have a problem with my trailer. My previous house was not an HOA, but a very narrow street with many cars parked on the street. Friday was street sweeper day / parking ticket day. We planned to leave and return on Fridays if possible.

"> Bob ">
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

CincyGus

Cincinnati

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/19 01:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd monitor what time they leave for school/work on Friday mornings and then this spring, plan a camping trip and notify them you were leaving that morning (No need to tell them a time). Then I'd make darn sure I was backing down that street about 5 minutes before, Zig-zagging from one side to the other, blocking both sides of the street alternately, pulling up a few feet and then starting again, getting out and looking any time I got close to something or thought I was, apologizing profusely when they finally lost their patience and came up to complain about being late, and then saying "I'm so sorry about all this. If you all would just not park on the street on these days when I'm leaving or coming home, I'd be able to just pull in the circle right there and back right in my driveway in 2-3 minutes" just as sweetly as you possibly can.

Your not the bad person then, You didn't have to resort to the Commies (HOA) to come solve your problem and start WWIII. Your just an incompetent backer of trailers who needs a lot of room and when they retell the story to their family later that night, they will likely realize it's a good idea to not have their vehicles anywhere near you and your trailer while it's going backwards.

Now, on to solving Global warming ;-)

p.s. If this doesn't work, Back into one of their cars. It will cost you a deductible but should drive the point home and may get them to quit parking on the street. Hopefully you have insurance with one of the companies that have the vanishing deductible and it won't cost you a dime.

2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/19 04:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That certainly is frustrating but you are the odd man out. I guess I would just take the "stuff" to the trailer and leave the car in your spot until you get back. A 34' TT is a big honking trailer.
One upside to that is that some moron won't leave his car in your spot while he's gone. That has happened to me more than once at a storage lot. We bought that house before we ever thought about RVing.
You can bet when we went house shopping we fixed that issue. We even realigned the driveway and made it 24 feet wide.

2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CincyGus wrote:

I'd monitor what time they leave for school/work on Friday mornings and then this spring, plan a camping trip and notify them you were leaving that morning (No need to tell them a time). Then I'd make darn sure I was backing down that street about 5 minutes before, Zig-zagging from one side to the other, blocking both sides of the street alternately, pulling up a few feet and then starting again, getting out and looking any time I got close to something or thought I was, apologizing profusely when they finally lost their patience and came up to complain about being late, and then saying "I'm so sorry about all this. If you all would just not park on the street on these days when I'm leaving or coming home, I'd be able to just pull in the circle right there and back right in my driveway in 2-3 minutes" just as sweetly as you possibly can.

Your not the bad person then, You didn't have to resort to the Commies (HOA) to come solve your problem and start WWIII. Your just an incompetent backer of trailers who needs a lot of room and when they retell the story to their family later that night, they will likely realize it's a good idea to not have their vehicles anywhere near you and your trailer while it's going backwards.

Now, on to solving Global warming ;-)

p.s. If this doesn't work, Back into one of their cars. It will cost you a deductible but should drive the point home and may get them to quit parking on the street. Hopefully you have insurance with one of the companies that have the vanishing deductible and it won't cost you a dime.

This is also a great, creative suggestion! Although I like loose valve stems and missing radio antennas more!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.