Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
Mr.Mark

Out West and Mid South

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have not experienced 'over reach' by the HOA. The one problem we had at our HOA in California is that two homeowner's decided to turn their homes into a 'Holiday Inn', which was totally against the HOA rules. Minimum rentals are 30 days, not a weekend.

Being on the board, I updated our CC&R's to include that homeowners not turn their houses into a timeshare. It's amazing what some people will try to do. Both homeowners were sue'd and both went bankrupt as they bought where they couldn't afford. They thought renting would keep them above water. They drowned.

Now our HOA is healthy with people that want to live and take care of their homes! It's heaven!

MM.

Mr.Mark

2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo w/1,750 lb. ft. of torque, 1.5 baths, 4 slides.
2017 Lincoln MKX AWD V6 335 hp twin turbo.

hotbyte

Barnesville GA

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How big is your truck and how big are the cars? Perhaps rule of tonnage is in your favor and you can move the cars if they won’t. ;-)

2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

rickeoni

home

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 07:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not worth the life long battle that would ensue. Your storage is only 2 miles away (lucky), a couple of 10 minute trips are worth the comfort of leaving your house unattended while camping and only having inconsiderate neighbours vs neighbours that dislike you and know your are away!

2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/19 02:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rickeoni wrote:

Not worth the life long battle that would ensue. Your storage is only 2 miles away (lucky), a couple of 10 minute trips are worth the comfort of leaving your house unattended while camping and only having inconsiderate neighbours vs neighbours that dislike you and know your are away!
^^^ This, choose your battles wisely.

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/28/19 03:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alfredmay wrote:

Try parking your RV in the street. When they complain, tell them they have given you no choice. If they park in their driveways then you will too.

Similar to my train of thought...... You have a couple different routes to go here, but Mr. Biscuit is accurate on how the whole situation will end.... Just know in advance if you follow my recommendations, issues could arise, be prepared......

#1 Park your trailer close enough to the uncooperative neighbor's vehicle so they cannot move forward or rearward. Leave a note on your vehicle that you would be happy to move your vehicle if they would move theirs. Leave a contact number and be ready to move your vehicle. Either the neighbor will contact you or the police will. You did not call the police, so you can't be blamed for them being on site.

#2 I assume on the inside corner of the cul-de-sac there is a curb... have enough 2"x8" planks so that your trailer tires can ride up and over the curb to allow you enough room to pass the irresponsible and inconsiderate neighbor's parked vehicle.

The #2 option is the best, but may or may not be possible. Good luck and keep us posted.

PS......there are more bozos out on the streets of this great USA then just the ones you are dealing with. Sad, but true. Too many are concerned, NOT for others. All about 'them'. In their world, no one else exists or matters.

Karma will prevail in the end. Patience is a must.

Lakeside

turbojimmy

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/19 05:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Too bad your HOA isn't this diligent in enforcing their rules:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hoa-threatens........er-car-leaves-*****-shape-in-snow-report

Stupid bad word filter won't let me post it. Substitute the ***** with p e n i s.

"A homeowner’s association (HOA) in Tennessee threatened to fine a resident $100 after her car left a phallic-shaped image in the condo’s parking lot following a light dusting of snow, a report said Tuesday.

The resident, identified as Kathryn, told The Drive that in January she received a surprising email from her HOA accusing her of violating the rules by “displaying offensive images or slogans.” The board didn’t specify what was “offensive,” so a confused Kathryn inquired further.

The board claimed to have photographic evidence sent in by a resident who was concerned about the wellbeing of children, the outlet reported. The photo it sent left Kathryn in stitches: a snowy parking space with a blob of cleared asphalt that could be construed as male genitalia.

The absence of tire tracks was because it was still snowing when she and her husband left for work that morning in their Honda Insight, Kathryn told The Drive.

Kathryn fired an angry email back to the board, noting that the bylaws state that offensive imagery had to be purposeful. She then asked how she was supposed to control the way the snow fell around her car, refused to pay the fine and threatened legal action, according to the outlet.

The board finally backed off, and in an email wrote: "We understand. We will not be pursuing this further, in good faith pursuant to the wording of the by-laws."

* This post was edited 02/28/19 08:30am by turbojimmy *

1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/19 06:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So the people that told you that they would not move are already not your friendly type of neighbor so you shouldn't care about pi$$ing them off. I don't have the same types around me, but I did have the same issue, except they park in front of my house, and I need the entire width of the street to get backed in. So here is what I did - I went to the houses around me and told them that although I don't mind them parking on the street in front of my house, I need the space when I'm backing my camper in. Now, If I come home with it, and cars are parked in front, I still have to knock on doors, but there is no issue.

In your case, after being told no, I'd simply add in that I'd hate to get the HOA involved as parking in the street isn't allowed, but parking my camper in my driveway for X amount of time is allowed. I can come over and advise you the day before I bring it home - OK? Then give them a have a nice day.

If that doesn't work, call the HOA.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/19 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well since on street parking is prohibited by HOA rules and not city ordance your choices are as follows:

1: Go to HOA and complain. Which will piss off the neighbors and you may find that having an RV parked in your driveway ALSO violates HOA rules so as someone up-thread said NO good will come of it.

2: Live with it

Alas.. Best advice I can give is make darn sure your RV does not violate HOA rules before doing anything else.

Now I could give you my opinion of those restrictive HOA... But .. Well. I'm not into melting monitors.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/19 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

drsteve wrote:

Ralph Cramden wrote:

When you enter into an agreement to make the largest purchase most people usually make in a lifetime, and most times the only such purchase, and agree to let some elected board of neighbors dicate what you can or can't do with what you're footing the bill for, there you have it.

It's hard enough with different levels of government telling you what can or can't be done. No one can be blamed but yourself for being in the situation.

Overreach by the HOA is a common complaint, but it's not the problem in this case.

Have got to call ******** on that one.

How so? The HOA is not enforcing the rules. The exact opposite of overreach....

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

plasticmaster

Home

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/19 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

So the people that told you that they would not move are already not your friendly type of neighbor so you shouldn't care about pi$$ing them off. I don't have the same types around me, but I did have the same issue, except they park in front of my house, and I need the entire width of the street to get backed in. So here is what I did - I went to the houses around me and told them that although I don't mind them parking on the street in front of my house, I need the space when I'm backing my camper in. Now, If I come home with it, and cars are parked in front, I still have to knock on doors, but there is no issue.

In your case, after being told no, I'd simply add in that I'd hate to get the HOA involved as parking in the street isn't allowed, but parking my camper in my driveway for X amount of time is allowed. I can come over and advise you the day before I bring it home - OK? Then give them a have a nice day.

If that doesn't work, call the HOA.

So this works if they are home to answer the door whwn you knock. However, what do you do if you come home and they are parked in the street, but no one answers the door when you knock? This has been my experience with 2 different neighbors several times.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.