Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
sayoung

Tx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/19 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just keep the RV packed ready to go except perishable food. Then all you have to do is stop at the grocery store. We do this and at end of trip take laundry home and was then run it back to our rv.
I see no good ending to this problem.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/19 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

You have 235' of driveway. Is there anywhere you could turn around or make a turn around area along the driveway?

That was my thought immediately. We don't know the shape of his property, but there should be a way to do it.

While I don't live in a HOA (and never will), I did need to back into my driveway from the road. With traffic acting stupid, like stopping their car almost between the truck and trailer, I made a large turn around behind the house and then built a barn for the truck, trailer and other toys.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 02:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As others have mentioned. Can you pull the TT straight in to your driveway, and turn around in your yard, or possible pull all the way around your house, and come back to your drive? Would be great if you could.

The other option is to also do as mentioned, and back down your street to your drive.

Good luck

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

plasticmaster

Home

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My lot is a flag lot off the end of the cul de sac. The long driveway borders my neighbor's house and then opens up to my front yard, house, and back yard. My front yard faces my neighbor's back yard. There isn't room to turn it around (34'TT) on my property. Even if I could, it would destroy my front lawn, especially this time of year when it stays wet.

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/19 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rules are rules and for people to just allow those who violate the rules to get away with it is wrong. Some people like a controlled neighborhood with an HOA because of the consistency that those rules provide. Your trailer turning problem aside the HOA needs to address the problem and sooner rather than later. The HOA does not need to tell and shouldn't tell anyone who might have complained. They just need to deal with the problem. Make them earn their keep.

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 03:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I live in a CS and I just get to the intersection and then back down to my drive way and back into where I wan to park. take a little longer but it works for me

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those suggesting having the HOA deal with it, don't you think it will be obvious who asked them to?

He asked the neighbors first, then next week the HOA requires them to move. Shortly after that he brings his trailer in. It doesn't take much critical thinking to figure that one out.

Back in the whole way seems like the easiest option if you still want to load in your driveway. Without knowing how far that is, it's only a suggestion.

With one of those powered trailer movers you could spin the trailer around in the cul-de-sac, then reconnect the truck to back it in. That's a lot of expense though. How about a riding lawn tractor and a hitch dolly? Think aircraft tug.

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/26/19 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Being on the board in our subdivision, I would suggest to first, ask your neighbor in advance to move the vehicles so you can back your unit in. If no response, talk to the management company or whomever you are supposed to contact for a grievance. Yes, rules are rules, but some people pay no attention and I can probably bet they don't pay their dues either. You can report them, but they'll put two and two together and know who you are. Regardless, they must comply or pay a fine. Again, that may not sway them. Depending on city code, if any of the vehicles aren't licensed correctly or inoperable, it is against city code to leave them. The board doesn't know what the circumstance is but if the management company drives around monthly to check for violations, they should've noticed all the cars in the street and addressed it. More than likely they did and the owners don't care. That's a tough one.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

Krow

New Brunswick

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 04:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There's little more comforting and secure than having good neighbours who look out for one another. There's nothing worse than having bad neighbours; they can make your life hell.

bguy

The Rock

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/19 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Back it up the street.

---------------------------------------
2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 3.55, HEMI
2009 TL-32BHS Trail-Lite by R-Vision

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.