Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next
toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/19 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't damage or vandalize their vehicles. You have to live there with these people. Just because they are not being helpful by moving their cars doesn't mean you are excused to damage their stuff.

Be an adult.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

drsteve

Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get the HOA to deal with it. After all, that is what they are paid to do, right? Enforce the rules that EVERYONE agreed to in writing when they moved in? You are not the bad guy for wanting people to do what they promised to do.

2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Krow

New Brunswick

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 10:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You'e the one that's going to lose if you get into a pissing match. All those days you're away camping, or even at home at night, your stuff is vulnerable. By taking any action other than politely asking for cooperation, you're inviting blowback - that could be minor or it could result in deep grief. Just asyin'.

Airdaile

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Obviously your neighbors aren't reasonable people, so it would stand to reason that they would not react reasonably to the HOA request to move their cars.

I would get some of those furniture mats from U-Haul and wrap the fenders of the cars that block access to your property and do the CindyGus suggested weaving and bobbing backup. If that doesn't get them to move, then maybe you should move out of Moronville.

Having dealt with unreasonable neighbors, I can attest that the move away method works.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 10:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

plasticmaster wrote:

2oldman wrote:

I don't understand why the driveways are empty.

I don't understand why driveways are empty either. I suppose it's more convenient for them to park on street rather than driveway and they don't care if it's an inconvenience to others or safety issue with emergency vehicles. I've lived here for 9 years and it was never a problem until a couple years ago when several new neighbors moved in.

Are they one car width drives? That would explain the street parking.

packnrat

soon to be the state of Jefferson U S A

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

call the hoa, and prepare for a war.
nothing good will come of it.
just back down the street. or if room turn around on your property.
third choice is to load at storage place, as it is close.

2006 F250 4X4 auto 6.0 short bed
2001 sunnybrook 24 ft
1984 cj7 built up a bit
kg6tgu
never too many toys, just not enought room to keep them
one dog who belives she is the master. rip 12 12 2007
12 loving years and loyal to the end.
just out having fun

Mr.Mark

Out West and Mid South

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Living in a HOA I would have the management company of the HOA handle it. The board members generally don't get involved.

For some reason, I have a nearby neighbor that has a F-150 truck that stays parked in the guest area for months on end and does not move. After a couple of years of this, the HOA manager sent out a letter stating the guest parking area's are for guests and housekeeper parking.

Now, that truck gets shuffled around to the four or five guest parking area's. Not sure why they don't park it in their own double driveway with a double garage. It doesn't bother me but I haven't seen their garage door open yet to see if they have two cars in there or not.

I like living in a HOA as I like the privacy, guards, gates, etc. Most neighbors are accommodating as we have been living in a couple of HOA's for 30+ years. I keep the coach in a storage facility and load and unload there, it works for us.

Safe travels,
MM.

Mr.Mark

2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo w/1,750 lb. ft. of torque, 1.5 baths, 4 slides.
2017 Lincoln MKX AWD V6 335 hp twin turbo.

plasticmaster

Home

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

plasticmaster wrote:

2oldman wrote:

I don't understand why driveways are empty either. I suppose it's more convenient for them to park on street rather than driveway and they don't care if it's an inconvenience to others or safety issue with emergency vehicles. I've lived here for 9 years and it was never a problem until a couple years ago when several new neighbors moved in.

No, they are double width driveways with room for 2 cars in garage and 4 on the driveway, yet they park both cars on the street. Lots of folks in the neighborhood do this and I don't understand why.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

plasticmaster wrote:

mich800 wrote:

plasticmaster wrote:

2oldman wrote:

No, they are double width driveways with room for 2 cars in garage and 4 on the driveway, yet they park both cars on the street. Lots of folks in the neighborhood do this and I don't understand why.

That is odd behavior.

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/19 11:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Perhaps they don't want oil dripping on the garage floor on the driveway... they would rather have it drip on the road surface instead.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 12  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Can't bring TT home because of neighbors parking in street?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.