cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Box for two 6v GC2's?

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a battery box that will hold two GC2 batteries.

I can only seem to find the locking diamond plate ones that are in the $250 to $350 range.

Are there regular plastic boxes that are more reasonably priced?
I saw a box for a 4d battery, but not sure if it is tall enough.

Any other options? Perhaps a tool chest, truck box or something?

Thanks
29 REPLIES 29

HouseApe
Explorer
Explorer
Camco has a new dual battery (end to end) box out.
Itโ€™s part number 55374. I got one from my dealer for $23.
Itโ€™s now on Amazon for $17.

Camco Heavy Duty Double Battery Box with Straps and Hardware - Group GC2 | Safely Stores RV, Automotive, and Marine Batteries |Durable Anti-Corrosion Material | Measures 21.5" x 7.4" x 11.2" - (55374)
2014 Ram 3500 Megacab Laramie 4x4 6.7 Cummins
2017 Open Range Roamer 310BHS

Cool! ๐Ÿ™‚ Good thinking on modding a toolbox for the task!
Thanks for the info.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
Vintage465 wrote:
BobsYourUncle wrote:
Vintage465 wrote:

This is what mine came out like.... snip

Is that 4 GC2's in there?
I looked at the site and didn't see a box for 4.
Yours looks great! I want a box for 4 GC2's. I currently have 2 different boxes for 2 each.

Dee Zee M207 Specialty Series ATV Box. This is the one I bought.

L: 36" x W: 13" x H: 13" and Vol: 3 cu. ft.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
BobsYourUncle wrote:
Vintage465 wrote:

Yours looks great! I want a box for 4 GC2's. I currently have 2 different boxes for 2 each.

Dee Zee M207 Specialty Series ATV Box. This is the one I bought.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
BobsYourUncle wrote:
Vintage465 wrote:

Yes,that is 4 Golf Cart 6v batteries. The box is actually a tool box for ATV's. So if you're looking for battery boxes on that site it may not come up. I ordered this one off Amazon and also got the vents off Amazon too. I based the size off lining up all my batteries and finding a box based on the length, width and height. This one just luckily fit the ticket.......just barely. Like I may have mentioned I needed to do a little trimming on the snap-ups and move the propane tanks toward the tongue jack bout 1-1/2". But it's real nice being able to run two C-Paps and the furnace and wake up with 12.5 volts left!
V-465

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
4 GC2 batteries??? NICE!

Vintage465 wrote:

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
philh wrote:
I just put this beauty on my trailer

RV Lockbox Link

This is what mine came out like. I had to shave the snap ups and move the propane tanks forward about 1-1/2". I put plywood down in the bottom. Bolted the straps down to the bottom through the plywood with stainless bolts and stainless fender washers. Worked out real good. Batteries are secure. I want to tidy up the wiring a bit. Not sure if you can see the vents in the front.

V-465

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just put this beauty on my trailer

RV Lockbox Link

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought a ZeeDee ATV tool box from Amazon for my Creek Side. I fit 4 6v batteries in it and there was room to spare. $125.00. Surely there'd be a smaller one if you looked a bit. I also purchased two vents that popped up on the same page that said: "people who ordered this ZeeDee ATV tool box also ordered these". Kind of seems like someone else thought it'd be a good battery box too!
V-465

eurojet
Explorer
Explorer
I was in the same boat as far as cost all the battery boxes were way too much money for some plastic , so after weeks of debating,searching almost spending too much money i came across this box. Fits my 2 GC batteries just fine and has some space left over , I just now need to drill bottom hole and top hole for my vent, but for 20 buck Canadian, i think it should do

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007TOJ9DY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bags4266
Explorer
Explorer
pauldub wrote:
I recently bought this one. They also have a similar one that is end to end.

X2

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
I got my Century battery box from All Battery Sales & Service. It was a little pricey. However, it was the only box that would hold both of my new GC-2 batteries and fit in the limited space on my tongue.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
pauldub wrote:
I recently bought this one. They also have a similar one that is end to end.

Unfortunate that Centurys Plastics offers these battery boxes in white only. ๐Ÿ˜ž

do a search. I have a pair of side by side in white and a black end to end on the other trailer. Many mfg make this style you should be able to find them in either black or white.

My local battery store has them in stock in both colors and both configurations
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!