Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: T105 Batteries
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> T105 Batteries

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
jhilley

Buxton, ND

View Profile

Posted: 02/28/19 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just purchased two T105 in Yuma, AZ for $120 each

2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53 Chassis Solar Power
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C F53 Chassis Solar power
Handicap Equipped with Lift & Hospital Bed
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/19 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dave17352 wrote:

There are some other advantages to AGM if one needs them. Like AGM's charge a lot faster, which would be important with solar. Also AGM's discharge a lot faster which would be important with a inverter. JMHO

I keep hearing that claim and it is true that LIFELINE suggests a much faster Initial charge..

But answer this. I have a Progressive Dynamics 9180 with charge wizard. Other identical Converters would be the 9280 or 4680

Exactly HOW Much faster will AGM's charge?

(Answer: Without a converter upgrade. and I might add that's as big as they get.. NOT ONE BIT faster.. not at all. The converter is the limiting factor (And the wires)

So there goes that claim
With Solar.. Perhaps a tiny amount.

ANd for the money.. I'll stick with flooded wet.

I might that "Charge 'em faster" is ONLY lifeline and frankly I can't pump out enough amps to meet Lifelines requirements if I have more than one pair GC-2 (230 amp hour with my current DEKA G-20s)

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

fred42

Charlotte, NC, USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/19 02:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You may want to check with your local golf car dealers to see if they are a Trojan dealer. The Trojan site will show the dealers in your area.

Current price at my golf cart dealer in Charlotte for the T105s is $124 + tax and exchange. Last time I bought 2 of them there, they threw in a removable Trojan lifting strap. You really need that to deal with them.

I got these about a year ago. I have the Iota DLS-55 Power Converter/Battery Charger. I immediately added the plug-in Iota IQ4 Automatic Charge Controller as I leave the RV plugged in most of the time. Even so, when I checked the water last fall it was way down and took a lot of distilled water.

2007 Tiffin Allegro 28DA

dave17352

Ne

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/19 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

dave17352 wrote:

There are some other advantages to AGM if one needs them. Like AGM's charge a lot faster, which would be important with solar. Also AGM's discharge a lot faster which would be important with a inverter. JMHO

I keep hearing that claim and it is true that LIFELINE suggests a much faster Initial charge..

But answer this. I have a Progressive Dynamics 9180 with charge wizard. Other identical Converters would be the 9280 or 4680

Exactly HOW Much faster will AGM's charge?

(Answer: Without a converter upgrade. and I might add that's as big as they get.. NOT ONE BIT faster.. not at all. The converter is the limiting factor (And the wires)

So there goes that claim
With Solar.. Perhaps a tiny amount.

ANd for the money.. I'll stick with flooded wet.

I might that "Charge 'em faster" is ONLY lifeline and frankly I can't pump out enough amps to meet Lifelines requirements if I have more than one pair GC-2 (230 amp hour with my current DEKA G-20s)

Now I am no battery expert but I think you are missing one thing here. That is Flooded batteries top off a lot slower than AGM batteries. So your standard converter will top of your AGM's in 5 hours vs 12 to 15 hours to fully top off a Flooded battery. This is obviously huge with solar but no small issue if charging with a converter either.

Now can someone with more no knowledge tell me if I am on the right track here or not?

2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
[email protected] turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
50 gal aux tank
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!
Renogy 200 Watt solar

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> T105 Batteries
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.