cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black water tank

rightlaneonly
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, I have a 2013 Econ 14BB that has a 10 gallon, yes ten gallon black water tank. That is really small. Has anyone had the experience of replacing a black water tank with a larger one? If so, how hard was it?
Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
Aliner, soon to be gone.
4 REPLIES 4

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is 15 and it took my family of six three days to actually fill the tank. If you really ponder the volume ten is enough for most. I also discovered the bathroom sink goes into black probley just for volume? Forget the guages. They are liers much like politicians.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

CapnCampn
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is likely possible, but will require some planning. I added a gray tank to a 1970 RV. As Old Biscuit said, available space will determine what you can do.

Once you figure that out, look for a tank. I found a roto-molding place not too far away that built a tank for me. They do custom tanks if needed, but one of their existing sizes worked (in my available space!) - I just had to tell them where to put the inputs (drain & vent) & output.

You'll need to figure out how to attach/support the tank too, and if any plumbing changes will be needed.

Was definitely some work, but worth it in my case!

CC

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe something like this would solve the problem.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Problem with going larger is 'AVAILABLE' space to install larger tank.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31