Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Nearly new GMC p/up
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Nearly new GMC p/up

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
samsontdog

Oregon, Wash Coast summer, Yuma Az winter

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/19 07:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at the Truck again today. I offered $44K and he laffed and said "NO WAY"
It is a Denali. I went online and built the Truck. It has every extra that you could order and it came out the high $50s without the matching $2,200 shell.
As far as getting a loan, that's a no-no for me.

samsontdog">">

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 03/02/19 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

samsontdog wrote:

I looked at the Truck again today. I offered $44K and he laffed and said "NO WAY"
It is a Denali. I went online and built the Truck. It has every extra that you could order and it came out the high $50s without the matching $2,200 shell.
As far as getting a loan, that's a no-no for me.

That's the dilemma You have a online price of call it 58K
That's 10K more.
Assuming you can barter a little bit 58K become 53K w /incentives. Now at 48 K you are only 5K off of brand new using rough numbers.
At that point you might as well by new. Your not saving enough at 5k.
As important buying new allows you to get the truck you want vs. taking what you find on the used market.
If your not set on the Denali package you can save a bunch by buying less bling.
If you are set on Denali you are still only saving 5K on used vs. new.
The Denali package allows a lot more wiggle room in the price

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

samsontdog

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/19 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, everyone for your comments. I still have not decided if I want to pay that much for a slightly used truck. The seller said he gets on the average 14 MPG in Town and the Freeway and he only towed his 10K pd TT once and never checked the mileage. He said he had 3 diesel Ford P/Ups before this GMC. He only kept the trucks about two yrs each before trading them in

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/19 08:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

You can buy a new SLT gasser for right around 48k maybe little less on a '18 model. Denali would be a bit more. A person can't pay $70k for a gasser unless there including tax and got ripped off on the price and/or up selling.
If it's a Denali, 48k is an ok price. If it's not, it's too much.

X2
I would ask to see the original window sticker, I had built out a nice 2018 Ram 3500 DRW CTD Big Horn with some nice options for just at $60K. I see super max loaded limited's in the $80K sticker price, but then discounted $12K to $14K.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

bartlettj

Forest Grove, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/19 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's pretty hard to find a good used HD truck here on the west coast that hasn't either been beat up or modified, so people price accordingly. I paid $39k for a pristine '12 a year ago but it was diesel. It's been a great truck, I have no regrets.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/19 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

samsontdog wrote:

Thanks, everyone for your comments. I still have not decided if I want to pay that much for a slightly used truck. The seller said he gets on the average 14 MPG in Town and the Freeway and he only towed his 10K pd TT once and never checked the mileage. He said he had 3 diesel Ford P/Ups before this GMC. He only kept the trucks about two yrs each before trading them in

So he didn’t like this truck since he didn’t even keep on the 2 year plan....
Decide how much you want to invest in marginal towing performance and low gas mileage and if it’s a good fit for your needs, IMO.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

samsontdog

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/19 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He loved the truck but they're both in there mid-80s and they want to travel the East Coast. The 38 ft TT was too much to tow so they bought a new MH. I think he
has money to spend as he has a new 3,400 SF home in Oregon and just had a new 4 brm home built here in Yuma

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/19 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Wow, then I'd tell the old fart to quit being so stingy and give you a deal on it! Tell him he aint gonna last long anyways and his kids are unappreciative, so he should cut you some slack on the price. Can't take it with you!
Lol

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/19 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, one day I've got to get together with Grit for a few beers and laughs! Your posts make my day, bud! [emoticon]

OP, probably the best thing to do is let him sit on it. As others have said the deal he's offering is OK but not great and if you are going to spend that much on a truck you may as well buy new.

My guess is once he's had it for a while with no takers chances are he will become more open to negotiation.

* This post was edited 03/04/19 09:28pm by blofgren *

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

ls1mike

Bremerton

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/19 12:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bartlettj wrote:

It's pretty hard to find a good used HD truck here on the west coast that hasn't either been beat up or modified, so people price accordingly. I paid $39k for a pristine '12 a year ago but it was diesel. It's been a great truck, I have no regrets.

I agree stuff out here is priced high, that is why I thought it was a decent price. You have to get away from the Seattle/Portland corridor to get any kind of decent price.

Mike
2017 Chevy 3500HD 6.0 Crew Cab Long bed
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Nearly new GMC p/up
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.