Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Joshua Tree Nat Park
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
tuna fisher

joshua tree ,ca.

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/19 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I said there were 8 sites open that was at that moment for that night, the ranger was there and that's what he told me. Now the next night who knows.

2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!">

Roy&Lynne

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/19 05:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best boondocking is on the southside just outside the park at the Cottonwood entrance off I10. Even better is stay on the same road, cross over I10 into Box Canyon and find a nice cosy place among the rocks
The problem though is its a long drive back to the park attractions. If you come in from Death Valley, go to Barstow and take 247 south. Its a long empty road but used by the locals to avoid the terrible traffic going around. It will take you to Yucca Valley. Once in Yucca, turn east to the small town of Joshua Tree. Stop at the visitors center and talk to the rangers about camping. If inside the park is filled, ask about Indian Cove. Its huge. Also tell them how much time you have and ask about what to see and times of tours etc.

Our Road Less Traveled

JKJavelin

Milwaukee, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/09/19 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Google maps wants me to go down 127, where we are right now, through Baker and Kelso, then through the middle of the park. Will this be difficult while dragging a fifth wheel? It shows your route as an alternative. Thanks.

On edit, I like the look of your route. Looks like it would be easier.

* This post was edited 03/10/19 09:04am by JKJavelin *

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS--Now with Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde SRE-4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k

2017- 21 Nights
2018- 75 Nights
2019- 138 Nights

Roy&Lynne

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 03/10/19 01:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No and Kelso is a cool little place to visit. Has a restored train depot and a tiny museum but that is all. A lot of ruins. Its nearly a ghost town.
I was going to suggest going that way also but I'm not sure it is shorter and its a lot of empty road drivin

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS