cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda CRV vs Chevy Equinox

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Currently tow the Suzuki in my signature. Starting to get concerned about getting Suzuki parts if any repairs needed (none so far!) since Suzuki no longer sells cars in U.S.

We have a 2013 Honda CRV sitting at home. Also a friend just died, leaving a 2014 Chevy Equinox we could buy.

Wondering if anyone has any comments/comparisons regarding towing or features of the two. Such as, I think maybe the Equinox back seats fold down more flat than CRV?
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara
4 REPLIES 4

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your replies, especially the info about the "wobble".
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
We tow a 2013 Equinox. The wobble is in the 4 cylinder models and not the 6 cylinder. We solved the problem by simply running a bungie cord from the bottom of the steering wheel to under the driver's seat. That seems to prevent the wobble but still allow the wheel to turn sufficiently for towing.

GM has come out with a work around, but I haven't gotten around to wiring a charging connection from the coach to the toad.

Both cars are good vehicles to tow IMHO. Good luck.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Towed our 04 CRV 100K miles. Research the Equinox carefully as there are reports of death wobble due to EPS (and other EPS cars).
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Canโ€™t speak to the Equinox.

Iโ€™ve towed two Elements and a. 09 CRV.

Hondaโ€™s are painless and hold their resale very well. I havenโ€™t had one mechanical issue with any of our Hondas including my wifeโ€™s 09 FIT with 100000 miles.

The CRV rear seat folds flat. At least the 09 did. Maybe they changed it.

I tow an 2011 Element now.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.