cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2003 Honda Element

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I need some info about towing a 2003 Honda Element...I have towed a 2007 Saturn in the past & I removed two relays in the fuse box that cut all the power the to car but the cigarette lighter, which was where I plugged in my brake buddy, not even the speedometer would record miles.

I need to know if I can do the same thing with the Element? If so what do I need to do?
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
3 REPLIES 3

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found a 2011 3-4 years ago with 4500 miles on it. Sitting in he driveway.

I was surprised to find the subtle improvements over my 04 Element and 07 CRV.

Itโ€™s quieter than the CRV was.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
We towed the Element for several years. In fact, it was a 2003. We retired it and our daughter continues to drive it. Excellent towed vehicle. Hang the rear seats up on the sides and there is lots of storage there.
Crank it and let it run for a few minutes. Put it in all the gears EXCEPT reverse. If you go to reverse you have to start over. After the fluid is warm and circulating well, put in in neutral, leave the key in place to make sure the steering doesn't lock, release the parking brake lever and you are ready.
We usually stopped a few times during the day and repeated the procedure just for insurance. We towed this little car all over the nation and had no trouble at all. The Element of that era had a tendency for a lot of road noise when driving. I was having trouble from too much shooting back then and it affected my hearing (I now have hearing aids) and we traded up to the Jeep.
If I could buy a brand new Element like the one we had, I would buy it this afternoon.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™ve towed two Elements. Towing a 2011 now.

I dont pull any fuses. The cigarette lighter isnโ€™t powered with the key off, so the key would have to be on, not good.

I would run new wiring to power it.

I use Ready Brute for braking. No electricity required.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.