cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saw this Home Brew Toy Hauler

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
This pulled into the park that I'm staying at. There are some trails out of the back of it. I love when someone takes something, Frankensteins it, and makes it their own.

There's some discussion going on this on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/LearnToRV/posts/2075510939182982
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page
5 REPLIES 5

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ingenuity? C'mon, he put a small travel trailer on a gooseneck trailer. I've seen pictures of different combinations, and seen some out on the road, but they all are the same: put some cheap trailer on a open trailer and call it good. Heck, you look underneath and you'd probably find he has the trailer secured with some U-bolts. These things seem to be rarely well thought out. Cheap and gud-enuff seem to be the main criteria.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Y-Guy
I love it. I'd love to have a chat with the guy that put that together. I do question his weight limits, as that truck is squatting a lot. But the ingenuity of the setup is great. Curious how he attached it, the tongue appears to have been removed as well as the axles.

We camped next to a similar setup, but the trailer was much older. The guy had cut a door into the back so he could walk on the rear of the trailer. He put a pop up awning so they could sit there in the rain.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
My thought...some folks go to this extreme measure, not to save money, but to have a conversation tool, instead of just buying the proper factory built rig. I have to admit, it is interesting, and I'd likely walk over for a closer look.

Jerry

morphrider
Explorer
Explorer
Ugh, those are the exact types of riders that give the community of riders a bad rep. Large boom box speakers so everyone hears the music, looks ready to blaze new trails that shouldn't be there. We ride all the time but man, that's out there.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Is Home Brew the new PC term for Redneck? :B