cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Foam for Dinette Cushions

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
With this cold and wet weather,unusual for here in So Cal,we found that we are spending more time inside during our year round camping season.

The dinette was getting uncomfortable to sit in for long.

I really needed new foam for my dinette seating.

I ordered new foam from the Foam Factory, just clicked on Seats and Cushions and followed the instructions,the price was right and I was surprised at how quickly it came.

The install was straightforward and easy,a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I got the Lux Foam - High Quality WITH DACRON WRAP,WOW what a difference,firm butt very comfortable!

I followed the measuring guide and the fit was perfect.

One of the best up-grades I have made.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C
11 REPLIES 11

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased new foam for the bottom cushions from Foam Factory. Unbelievable what a difference. Thanks for the info.

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
lap527 wrote:
We recently upgraded our foam cushion on our couch. The local boat guy was reasonable and took about a week. Yes, it's much better.

good advice on boat guy...

my father in law owns a small boat canvas business. he refurbishes boat seats and cushions from time to time. we were about ready to upgrade the dinette cushions and fabric in our previous TT but ended up upgrading to a larger TT with table and chairs instead of dinette.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Buy your foam from Foam Factory. The foam at JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby isn't dense enough. I don't think you'll find good foam anywhere for a better price. I recently put new foam in my dinette and used 2" of Super Max foam on the bottom and 2" of Lux HQ on top of that. Nice and firm.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:
Hobby Lobby also has various grades of foam in various sizes too.

Low quality and high prices
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Hobby Lobby also has various grades of foam in various sizes too.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
If you look at chairs, couch, car seats almost all has a tilt towards the rear except dinnet RV seats.

I redid min slanting towards the back and waaaay better than flat. There are actually websites that give proper dimensions and angles for seats!

badboy368
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like I have another project to do ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for the tip
40' pusher,350 turbo cat, pullin a 37' trailer haulin a drag car. oh yea baby

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I upgraded mine by buying the thickness I needed (measured old foam) and purchased from JoAnn Fabrics. Cut with electric knife, using old foam for pattern. Got some long dress cleaner bags from the local cleaner and slipped the foam into the bags, cutting off excess. That made it much easier to put back into the original covers, made no noise and kept spills for soaking in! What a difference.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
I used the Foam Factory as well. Don't realize how much of a difference it made until I go sit in someone else's dinette.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
We recently upgraded our foam cushion on our couch. The local boat guy was reasonable and took about a week. Yes, it's much better.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the share! I keep thinking about doing this.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE