cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s happening with ChulaVista RV Resort

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at Chula Vista RV Resort in November, but I understood it was closing. Got an email today from Sun Resorts saying that it was the new owner and asking people to book with them. Anyone know what the story is? It was a great park.
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website
3 REPLIES 3

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Reading the info it appears a new RV resort will be built North of the existing one.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
From piecing together a few reports, it appears that Chula Vista closed under the old management on Feb. 1st to make way for a new convention center and hotel. Sun Communities has now taken over the park and temporarily reopened it while they're building a new "Costa Vista RV Resort" a mile or so away.

Chula Vista RV Resort Closing After 35 Years

Port San Diego Approves Costa Vista RV Resort Project for Chula Vista Bayfront
A few years ago, The San Diego Port Authority solicited for bids for an operator to redo the park. The bid package was for a big operation with a lot of restrictions and requirements, all on leased ground. It was something that was realistic only for a large corporate buyer.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
From piecing together a few reports, it appears that Chula Vista closed under the old management on Feb. 1st to make way for a new convention center and hotel. Sun Communities has now taken over the park and temporarily reopened it while they're building a new "Costa Vista RV Resort" a mile or so away.

Chula Vista RV Resort Closing After 35 Years

Port San Diego Approves Costa Vista RV Resort Project for Chula Vista Bayfront
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate