cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happi jac upgraded mattress

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
We will be getting our first TH soon. The Happi jac system seems to have a large bed, but the mattress in the ones I have seen appears low end.
I have a buissiness nearby that custom makes mattresses.

My question is can a really thick mattress be put on the Happi jac system. Can the upper stop mechanisim be adjusted or modified to account for this? If so, how?

TIA
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW
2 REPLIES 2

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
We fulltime and that's the fulltime beds for the kids. We built out the upper bed into a pair of twin size mattresses that run with the length of the trailer. We went to a mattress store and looked for the shortest decent twin size mattresses for the kids.

You can see it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_8KRUhlng&list=PLOzBRz6QdU5GK2-buSDwxbOCZA9u2W_bm&index=7

We didn't change anything with the Happijac system except for taking the lower benches out.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
We will be getting our first TH soon. The Happi jac system seems to have a large bed, but the mattress in the ones I have seen appears low end.
I have a buissiness nearby that custom makes mattresses.

My question is can a really thick mattress be put on the Happi jac system. Can the upper stop mechanisim be adjusted or modified to account for this? If so, how?

TIA

Yes, you can lower the upper stop, there are adjustments. We put a topper on our bottom bunk, helped a lot. The upper was a futon on ours, didn't get any complaints.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX