cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone using Sailuns

Vette_Racer
Explorer
Explorer
on their dually? 235/80/17 figured if they were good enough for a trailer they must be good for the tow vehicle. Any real life experience?
KE5NCP
2016 Ram CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker 349 RSB DA, 2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon
18 REPLIES 18

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sailun and Cooper are forming a joint venture. I was wondering what country Sailun came from. It is Vietnam.
Joint venture

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
falconbrother wrote:
GeoBoy wrote:
For me I have a real hard time purchasing Chinese manufactured products when there are great American products that employees American workers.

I totally agree with you on this issue. I try to buy American made whenever possible. It just seems so difficult to find American made in so many products, and it gets harder all the time. After I retired I was hired back by the city to work on a ARRA construction project. I saw first hand how jobs come back when we demand American made. The fact is we don't and won't.

I totally agree, BUT lets take the Goodyear G614's for an example , just about TWICE the cost of the Sailun S637's. Arguably the Sailun's are a better tire then the G614's . They certainly have a better track record then the Goodyears from the get go. If it makes sense to spend twice , then by all means do so, but its also my pocketbook here that suffers also . There is a sad truth to it all.

Same applies for the Sailun Terramax as far as cost, although they are not as well known as the S637's ,but have to believe the same quality.

If its any consolation, Sailun is apparently opening two plants here in the US. Whether the cost will remain the same is doubtful, just the cost of labor will dictate.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
falconbrother wrote:
GeoBoy wrote:
For me I have a real hard time purchasing Chinese manufactured products when there are great American products that employees American workers.

I totally agree with you on this issue. I try to buy American made whenever possible. It just seems so difficult to find American made in so many products, and it gets harder all the time. After I retired I was hired back by the city to work on a ARRA construction project. I saw first hand how jobs come back when we demand American made. The fact is we don't and won't.

I have paid extra for American names before names before only to find out that the product wasn't made in America. Before the Timken plant here shut down they were actively pushing the limits on how little they could do in the U.S. and still slap the "Made in America" label on it. Of course, part of the reason for doing that was that some of their larger customers like John Deere were pushing them to outsource as much as possible to low cost countries. I have a friend with a Mahindra tractor that swears the only differences between it and a Deere are the paint and about $15,000.

I am actually OK with importing things so long as it is balanced. I would like to see importers have to declare their trade deficit and then have to pay a tariff on it. We could let companies that produce here and sell overseas sell trade credits, sort of like the carbon credits.

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
GeoBoy wrote:

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
danrclem wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
im using there terramax tires on my F350, so far they are outlasting my All terrain Ta's I had on there befor for about 1/3rd the price. I will definatly go with them again.

Steve

How good is their traction in mud and snow?

better than the all terrain ta's in my opinion. they are mountain snowflake rated and I travel one of the worst highways in BC for weather to go to work and back every day nd I didn't have an issue. my wheel spin light barely went off compared to the BFG's I have about 44000 miles on them now (BFG's only rated for 37000mi) and I still figure I would get another season at least (I drive about 28000mi a year) but I am also going to put my little commuting car back on the road to go to work and back so they might last a lot longer.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
danrclem wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
im using there terramax tires on my F350, so far they are outlasting my All terrain Ta's I had on there befor for about 1/3rd the price. I will definatly go with them again.

Steve

Should be no different then any other 5 rib All terrain tire.

danrclem
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Vette Racer wrote:
Thanks for the info guys, think I'll try the Sailuns and see how they do.

I know it will be some time but keep us informed.

Vette_Racer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info guys, think I'll try the Sailuns and see how they do.
KE5NCP
2016 Ram CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker 349 RSB DA, 2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I know I talked smack about them in a previous thread, but just noticed one of our 14klb work trailers has Sailuns.
It gets used almost daily, abused frequently and overloaded sometimes.
Tire pressure gets checked if it gets a flat, maybe....lol
Going strong on 4 original tires.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
No experience with Sailun but I just put a set of Kumho Crugen HT51 LT tires on my truck. Nice tire so for and was a very good price and ratings were also very good. Have about 500 miles non towing and 2000 miles towing. No complaints so far. Also have the mountain peak for winter snow. Apparently a true 4 season tire.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
How about Bridgestone Duravis tires for your TV? They were mentioned by someone on here, and although I don't need tires at the present time, may consider them. The stock Firestones are not my favorites.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS