cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Confused over wires

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
This Newmar coach we just bought is confusing me. I have found a three wires coiled in a compartment on the left side right under the inverter. There is a red wire and a white wire and then a wire that looks to be something with a computer type plug on the end and all encased in black flexible conduit. The ends of the two wires are square cut and my first impression is thy have never been connected. I am wondering if this could be part of the pre-wired system many of the Canyon Star coaches had for solar. With the proximity to the inverter it seems logical but I have never dealt with any kind of solar wiring. Whatcha think??

I tried to post a photo of this but cannot get the thing reduced enough to upload.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow
11 REPLIES 11

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Success! Finally!

horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
Blue Ox tow

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
Blue Ox tow

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Horsedoc wrote:
Snip...
I will continue on my photo shrinking issues. Apparently the South American head hunters witch doctor took my money and his lessons didn't work ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

I turned in my head hunter badge so try this out. ๐Ÿ™‚

It is very easy to post pictures on our forums. One of the moderators of this forum, 1492, developed this photo posting app to post your pictures. It works for other internet sites also. There is no need to have a separate hosting site for your pictures in order to use it, and is much easier to use than the regular forum picture posting icon used to be. It also automatically re-sizes your pictures so you can forget that task.

It is very simple to use.
1. Upload your picture from your computer to the app.
2. Copy the resulting URL.
3. Paste that URL into your post without ANY changes. No additions or deletions.

Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on our forums.:)
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
You've got to be careful around those SA Headhunter, they'll make off with more than your money.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks guys, The two wires are pretty big wires compared to other wires in the coach, except for the battery cables of course. I believe it is indeed part of the wiring system for a solar system.
I will continue on my photo shrinking issues. Apparently the South American head hunters witch doctor took my money and his lessons didn't work ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
Blue Ox tow

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Every vehicle maker, cars, trucks, RVs, doesn't matter, every one of them, in order to save money, installs the same wiring harness in every vehicle of any particular model. All the wires for every possible option and special-order gewgaw is in that wiring harness, and if you don't happen to have that particular option, then you will have dead-end wires that may or may not have a plug of some sort on the end. This policy saves money because instead of 300 different wiring harnesses to stock and possible confusion on the plant floor, they just put the same harness (on which they get the volume price) in everything.

Since nobody can possibly order EVERY option (some of which are mutually exclusive), everybody is going to have those dead end wires somewhere. In the OP's case, maybe they are for solar. Or maybe not. A servicing dealer could tell you. But they are nothing to worry over.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most vehicles today. and this includes Motorhomes and Trailers. well they come with options.. For example on a RV one option is an inverter. and there may be two or 3 different inverters. Auto Generator start. and more.

Well rather than stock 20-eleven different wiring harnesses they make just one harness with a bunch of extra wires in it.. So you will almost always find wires that go no place and do nothing.. SOME of them may be "hot" some Ground some .. Both ends are N/C (not connected). You can use them if you the two ends are where you need them to go. Even if one is connected at the other end (you can cut it) provided it goes from where you need to where you need.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
[img] Click For Full-Size Image.[/img]

If you are talking big as in file size, following the sticky on posting photos is very easy, I download 3500 KB files and they are reduced by Imgur to fit. No additional software needed.

This photo was taken from our deck at home and is 3428 KB.

Okay, maybe not so simple. I've never used the full size feature before and I don't know why the regular size isn't visible but the click for full size works great..

But follow 1492's instructions and it's done.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Try using this website: http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=3

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
You can download an app, like Irfanview, which can shrink a photo to any size you want. That's what I use to get my photos onto this site.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Horsedoc wrote:
This Newmar coach we just bought is confusing me. I have found a three wires coiled in a compartment on the left side right under the inverter. There is a red wire and a white wire and then a wire that looks to be something with a computer type plug on the end and all encased in black flexible conduit. The ends of the two wires are square cut and my first impression is thy have never been connected. I am wondering if this could be part of the pre-wired system many of the Canyon Star coaches had for solar. With the proximity to the inverter it seems logical but I have never dealt with any kind of solar wiring. Whatcha think??

I tried to post a photo of this but cannot get the thing reduced enough to upload.

If that's a fairly thick set of wires then it is very likely solar wiring.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?