cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

My suspicion on fully-booked popular campgrounds...

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
...on national, state parks and national forests in confirmed.

Tech savvy pips are using bots.

Hopefully, this new system will relieve or solve it.

Except, I'm having issues reserving campgrounds in Yosemite when last year, this is still considered off season with snow and all.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/travel/article/Parks-declare-war-on-bots-over-camp-reservations-13484794.php
7 REPLIES 7

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
Hilarious!!!

I said exactly the same thing here recently and got creamed with a bunch of "It can't be true because I've never seen the ads re-selling them." type comments.

Too funny.....

Glad you can laugh, lol, I'm about to weep.

Started camping in Yosemite with snow still on the ground and even got caught in the blizzard by about this time, and, I found and able to book campsites.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, more expletive deleted!

I seems it even got worst.

Normally, when I check for current week and the next month, some sites open up with cancellations.

Now, it's just x, reserved or unbookable "unavailable" or not released.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hilarious!!!

I said exactly the same thing here recently and got creamed with a bunch of "It can't be true because I've never seen the ads re-selling them." type comments.

Too funny.....

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to keep you hopes up.

Got to the Recreation.gov website, my chosen dates for Yosemite are supposedly to be released today were showing "unavailable". I called exactly 7 am to be first in line. Got to wait on the phone for 25 minutes, only to be told that everything is reserved.

@*%$@@F****KXXX!!! (expletive deleted).

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Clicky

Thnakd @gbopp for providing a clicky link!

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's certainly a start. Florida are you listening?
Puma 30RKSS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer