cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Audio in my new TT

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Struggling to cypher how to get audio output {digital toslink) from TV to POS Furion radio so I can listen to digitized music while we're sitting outside. May also use it if watching TV on those raining days.
10 REPLIES 10

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looked at media players, and they have a hard drive capacity limitation. The TV apparently doesn't have the same capacity issue.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
if your music is just digital, get rid of the head unit and replace with a DAC / Media player. I have one in my workshop, drives a set of speakers and subwoofer very nicely. has optical and coaxial digital inputs, plus USB and its own remote control. Was less than $100 from the Am azon.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
TurnThePage wrote:
If you're serious about it, buy a replacement head unit.

It's been a few years, before much of the cool new tech was available, but the JVC stereo I installed in the RV had a rear input audio jack. I routed the digital toslink from the TV, to a converter, then to that rear input. I have to turn up the volume a little, but it works nicely and is out of view.

We actually use it that way a lot. Blueray/DVD/whatever to TV to Stereo. Many pleasant evenings.

D-->A convertor will be here Tuesday.

WRT head unit... Available technology is so last century ๐Ÿ˜ž My music and video collection to completely digitized. I'd love to put in a nice surround sound system... but think that's going to wait for now.

At least for now, the digitized playback will come from an 8TB hard drive connected directly to the TV USB. Optical output through D-->A to the POS radio to feed the built in speakers... which I'm going to have to rewire. Outdoor speakers are wired to the same output as the bed speakers. Not sure that was thought through.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
If you're serious about it, buy a replacement head unit.

It's been a few years, before much of the cool new tech was available, but the JVC stereo I installed in the RV had a rear input audio jack. I routed the digital toslink from the TV, to a converter, then to that rear input. I have to turn up the volume a little, but it works nicely and is out of view.

We actually use it that way a lot. Blueray/DVD/whatever to TV to Stereo. Many pleasant evenings.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
looks like your only option is the original suggestion by shastagary ... that little $12 digital to analog adapter and a short patch cable will get you hooked up.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
is this the one it does show it has a audio input on the back furrion dv3100

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cheap Furion radio 3100. It has an aux jack on the front, which I'm assuming is line in. Looks like it does have RCA input on the back of the unit.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Model # for radio? My pioneer head unit for example has an optional harness I can buy that adds several input options including coax SP/DIF. I don't think you'll find TOSLINK optical on an automotive head unit. If you're lucky maybe an HDMI input and you can use ARC from the TV?

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
Is there any audio inputs on the radio?
You can convert toslink to rca
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
does the tv have a headphone jack that could be used or one of these optical converters would work but then you have to use the volume on the furion Digital to Analog Converter