Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crushed Potatoes with Oyster Bar Butter

Kebamo
Explorer
Explorer
Crushed Potatoes with Oyster Bar Butter

Make extra seasoned butter to eat with pasta, on crusty bread, or, as the name implies, with shellfish.

INGREDIENTS

* ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
* 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
* 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 2 teaspoons hot sauce
* 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
* 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
* ? cup chopped parsley
* ¼ cup chopped chives
* 1 tablespoon chopped dill
* 2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
* Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
* 3 pounds baby Yukon Gold or new potatoes, scrubbed
* 1 bay leaf

RECIPE PREPARATION
* Mix butter, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl with a rubber spatula until smooth. Gently mix in parsley, chives, dill, and tarragon; season with salt and pepper.?
* Place potatoes and bay leaf in a large pot and pour in cold water to cover by 2"; season generously with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15–20 minutes. Drain, discard bay leaf, and let potatoes cool slightly. Using the flat side of a chef’s knife or the heel of your hand, smash potatoes lightly to flatten.??
* Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add half of potatoes and cook in a single layer, turning once, until brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer potatoes to bowl with herb butter. Wipe out skillet, repeat process with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and remaining potatoes. Toss potatoes in butter until they are all well coated (the warm potatoes should melt the butter).?
* Do Ahead: Herb butter can be made 2 days ahead; cover and chill. Potatoes can be boiled and smashed 1 day ahead; let cool, then cover and chill. Pat dry before frying.

To see my complete collection of recipes just visit my site on Rvillage and click the link below

https://www.rvillage.com/group/3248/recipes
Karl & Bobbi
1994 Coachman Leprechaun Class C
2 B 1 ASK 1
Retired/DAV
Passport America Member R-0310475
Good Sams Club Member
KE3NF Advance Class Ham Radio Operator
Conway, SC. USA
6 REPLIES 6

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I fixed mine about 2 weeks ago, thinking about fixing them tonight along with some BBQ chicken and asparagus done on the grill.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Kebamo
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of great ideas for sure and they all sound good
So when was the last time you fixed them?
Karl & Bobbi
1994 Coachman Leprechaun Class C
2 B 1 ASK 1
Retired/DAV
Passport America Member R-0310475
Good Sams Club Member
KE3NF Advance Class Ham Radio Operator
Conway, SC. USA

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
Merrykalia wrote:
I do potatoes this way, but instead of adding the butter, I will smash them, fry them and place them on a cast iron griddle pan. When all are fried, I will add cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, salt and pepper and put under broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese. I will add a dollop of sour cream to the top and a bit of parsley for color.

Sounds like a fried baked potato. Interesting.

I hate to hijack his thread, but boil potatoes until done. Allow to dry, then smash them with the bottom of a glass or a rolling pin. Put some olive oil and butter in a heavy pan (I use cast iron) and fry until nice and crispy, turn. While the bottom is browning, add cheese, bacon, etc.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
I do potatoes this way, but instead of adding the butter, I will smash them, fry them and place them on a cast iron griddle pan. When all are fried, I will add cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, salt and pepper and put under broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese. I will add a dollop of sour cream to the top and a bit of parsley for color.

Sounds like a fried baked potato. Interesting.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
This sounds great. Maybe mix in a few baby reds for color.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk