cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009 Thor/MVP 284SA-Looking for Brochure, O-Manual, & Input

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Considering this Toyhauler model from a private party.

Would like to review brochure (for specs, options, etc) and owner's manual (for operations, service, etc).

Searched all over internet and could not find any!

Does anybody have these they would be willing to copy and share with me?

Also, for that have experience with this brand, model, year product, what information can you provide on build quality, durability, etc.

Thanks!
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K
4 REPLIES 4

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the unit for sale...able to negotiate down to $14K. Is the MVP manufacturer something to be cautious about? Were their units poorly constructed? It appears to have held up quite well after 10 years, other than the spider checked decals (from direct SoCal sun).

2009 Tahoe by Thor
Equal-i-zer 10K

Y-Guy
MVP from the Archives

Mixed bag, that search will let you read up some.

Not that NADA is a great resource, but the NADA MVP 284SA shows Avg Retail of $11,450 and low at $9,500. I'd see if you can find some others to do a price comparison. Just because he wants $15k doesn't mean that's really what it's worth - that could be how much he owes on it.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
I'll see if I can dig up an old Brochure, but the owners manual really don't exist at all, they were mostly just a bunch of product manuals in an envelope. Very few did a through custom owners packet.

When MVP bought out Thor it was a bit of a cluster, it was sort of a wild roller coaster soap operate watching them implode. There were wild stories about the Chinese investor. To be honest I'd have to be getting a killer deal and have the RV inspected by a pro before I bought one. My 2 cents worth.

I looked it over yesterday. Very clean. Great floorplan (front sleeper and reversible couch/queen bed on lower rear electric bunks). But since I'm new to TH there may be others with similar floorplans and without the MVP issues. Asking price for this 2009 is $16500....will accept $15K (firm). It will need new tires, roof service (caulking), and a WD hitch. Might be able to get it for $14K if I can leverage above mentioned items.

BTW....were there quality concerns with MVP? I know there tenure with Thor was very short.

Thanks
Equal-i-zer 10K

Y-Guy
I'll see if I can dig up an old Brochure, but the owners manual really don't exist at all, they were mostly just a bunch of product manuals in an envelope. Very few did a through custom owners packet.

When MVP bought out Thor it was a bit of a cluster, it was sort of a wild roller coaster soap operate watching them implode. There were wild stories about the Chinese investor. To be honest I'd have to be getting a killer deal and have the RV inspected by a pro before I bought one. My 2 cents worth.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon