cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

4 seatbelts NOT facing sideways

hobbssb
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking for a small (under 25 ft) so-called B+ that has 4 seatbelts, none of which face sideways. Preferably not a corner bed. Any suggestions? Thanks!
13 REPLIES 13

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
D.E.Bishop wrote:
bobndot wrote:
If you alter or install seatbelts yourself make sure you anchor them to the vehicles frame.

Where does that come from? Don't most chassis say not to drill or weld on the frame.

I always remember reading chassis or framework. I would not weld to the chassis.
You could bolt through the floor using a metal backing plate. It would useless to bolt to wood that is part of a dinette or other weak structure, that was my point. I would make it as secure as possible.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
hobbssb wrote:
We're looking for a small (under 25 ft) so-called B+ that has 4 seatbelts, none of which face sideways. Preferably not a corner bed. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Hi hobbssb,

Your request implies accommodations for 4 people. Every B+ sacrifices the extra double bed over the cab. Though many B+ floor plans offer sleeping for 4 on the main floor, it is very disruptive to have 2 of the 4 sleeping in the living area.

FWIW: Our rear corner double bed rig SEEN HERE is 23'-8" end-to-end with seat belted seats facing forward officially for 5, but realistically for 4. Our 3rd captain seat spins abound to any orientation including forward. The dinette has a forward facing bench seat with seat belts for 2. Our 12 year old rig is still made today. CLICK HERE to get to the manufacture's website.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
If you alter or install seatbelts yourself make sure you anchor them to the vehicles frame.

Where does that come from? Don't most chassis say not to drill or weld on the frame.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

F1bNorm
Explorer
Explorer
Our โ€˜06 Winn Aspect 23b, a B+, has 6 lap belts in addition to the driver and passenger cab seats. 2 facing forward and 2 facing rear at the dinette and 2 on the side couch. Does not have anchor clips for current child seats. See: http://library.rvusa.com/brochure/06Aspectbro.pdf

Norm
F1BNorm

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
I still have a Bornfree rear door with the side couch, it is a 2009 model, at the time I had younger kids, I went to a shop that provides race car gear & worked with them on making a 3 point harness that worked on our couch
Just an idea that worked for us

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our Phoenix Cruiser 2100, 22' long, had seat belts at the dinette, one on each side (no shoulder harnesses) and then the two in front.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

BillHoughton
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:
Buy what you want and install the seat belts yourself. You can buy belts and harnesses online.

Well, but...

On our 2007 Itasca Navion, the rear bench for the dining table is on top of the heater, which takes up pretty much all of the space under that bench. It would be hard to impossible to install seatbelts on that bench. The front bench (facing backwards) has storage underneath, and two seatbelts.

Also, I'm not sure (haven't had occasion to look) that I could get to the underside of the floor to install seatbelts properly, even where I otherwise could.

So, if you find an RV that otherwise satisfies your needs, make sure that you can, in fact, install seatbelts everywhere you want them.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a look at the Winnebago Fuse 23T. Should be able to add a second set of belts on the dinette. Not sure if it would handle four adults but should work for two kids.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
hobbssb wrote:
We're looking for a small (under 25 ft) so-called B+

Preferably not a corner bed. Any suggestions? Thanks!

That's going to be a tough one, typically the replacement for the corner bed in a small unit is the cab-over queen, but a B+ doesn't have a cab-over bed.

In some of the Euro models (MB Sprinter or Ford Transit) there is a drop-down bed. In those cases though you might have another issue, unless you have the rear sofa that drops down into a bed, you really only have sleeping for 2 people.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Have you seen considered a Class B? Winnebago Travato, various Roadtrek and Hymer models, etc. Some of these have a 3-point seat belts on the second row of seats. Some even have captain's chairs or a rear couch with seat belts.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
For side facing seats, you need shoulder belts to keep you upright.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Buy what you want and install the seat belts yourself. You can buy belts and harnesses online.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB