Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Orlando outside of Disney
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Orlando outside of Disney

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/19 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello All,

We are planning a trip and looking for guidance. We have a Sunday to the following Sunday of which we are splitting between Disney and Seaworld and possibly SeaLife. My kids have been to Disney a few times, so this time we are only interested in 2 days in the park, one or two days of just hanging at Ft Wilderness and then some time at Sea world and possibly other non-Disney attractions. My question is where to stay. We were originally just thinking of booking Ft wilderness and then driving to Sea World, but I feel like that is an expensive place to stay when you are not even using their transportation etc. The other option is stay at the Ft just for 3 or 4 days and then head to a different campground / RV park. Based on availability, this would be on the front or back end of the Disney days. Any thoughts on this? Any suggestions of an alternate campground for us to stay?

Thanks!

Chris Bryant

Arden, North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/19 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Universal Studios, for sure.

-- Chris Bryant

diazr2

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/19 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would drop sea world and certainly do Universal Studios. Sea World is just not worth the money.

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/19 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you aren't against moving out of Fort Wilderness after a couple of days, I'd look into booking at site at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake. It's a beautiful campground setting in an urban area. It's an awesome little oasis. It's right close to Universal and not far from Sea World. Best part, it's < $40/night!

I talk about it a little in this article of camping options near Disney:
http://learntorv.com/disney-world-camping/

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/19 01:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Chris Bryant wrote:

Universal Studios, for sure.

Are you saying stay at Ft Wilderness and drive to universal? Or is there a different place to camp?

Thanks all!

kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/18/19 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ependydad wrote:

If you aren't against moving out of Fort Wilderness after a couple of days, I'd look into booking at site at Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake. It's a beautiful campground setting in an urban area. It's an awesome little oasis. It's right close to Universal and not far from Sea World. Best part, it's < $40/night!

I talk about it a little in this article of camping options near Disney:
http://learntorv.com/disney-world-camping/

Thanks! This looks like a nice little park. Does not look like a way to check availability so I'll give them a call. Thanks again!

JoeH

Apollo Beach,FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/19 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

diazr2 wrote:

I would drop sea world and certainly do Universal Studios. Sea World is just not worth the money.

I feel just the opposite-- SeaWorld is good, Universal isn't worth the time. To each their own.

Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/19 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ft Wilderness to Sea World's water park was only like a 20 minute drive or so. My sone who is one of those tech savvy gurus used his phone/maps for directions. He was on cloud nine. FWIW, we stayed at Ft Wilderness from Sat night to Thur nite. Sunday: Kennedy Space Center. Mondy: Sarasota area. Tues. Disney's Animal Kingdom Park. Wed: Stayed at the CG. Thurs: Universal's Water Park.

Be advise, Orlando is in midst of major road work, one end to the other. Probly going to be a couple more years before done. Sorta same thing in NC area (Charlotte--if I recall right).

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/20/19 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ACZL wrote:

Ft Wilderness to Sea World's water park was only like a 20 minute drive or so.

Be advise, Orlando is in midst of major road work, one end to the other. Probly going to be a couple more years before done. Sorta same thing in NC area (Charlotte--if I recall right).

That roadwork has been never ending. I've had that same drive take 45 minutes or more in the past. [emoticon]

kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/23/19 08:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you all for your replies. I have one more question for those familiar with northern FL. Another option for us after leaving Ft Wilderness is to find a campground near or on a nice beach to unwind for 2 days before making the long haul home to PA. I was thinking gulf coast but I guess it doesn't really matter, and actually the Atlantic side is more on the way home. Any suggestions with really nice beaches we could play on for 2 days at the end of our vacation. Disney trip will be over spring break so we will have had enough of the crowds and would enjoy letting the kids play and we relax on the beach. Thanks for suggestions

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Orlando outside of Disney
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.