U-Toob Tools Who Owns What Brand?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
6 REPLIES 6

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
I always buy the most powerful tools that have lowest price..
If its powerful its usualy built strong..

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
90% of government does one of two things

1. "Whatever you do it has to be 100% regulated. You can't do this and you can't do that"

2. Taxes the bejeezes out of everyone to fund No 1

images
Explorer
Explorer
I once managed a panel shop building control panels for water treatment equipment.
when a truck was waiting we would literally destroy power tools in an effort to get the machines out the door.
At that time I thought that Milwaukee was the only brand that could stand up to the abuse but one day my neighbor loaned a Ryobi drill, I liked it and bought one and it held up as good if not better than the Milwaukee.
Now I own most of the 18Volt tools they make, I like most of them with the exception of the stapler/brad driver.
They also made a 18volt canister vacuum which is great but discontinued it for some reason, now if you can find it on Ebay it will be outrageously priced.

I have always tried to buy American but since none of this stuff is now made in America it makes no difference.
Joe & Deb And A Senegal Parrot named Sunny

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Easier to look at the graphic at the beginning than to listen to the guy drone on.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I watched this video a couple days ago. It is interesting to know who makes which brand.
I'm glad someone took the time to put it together.

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Mex, That's quite the eye opener. Never would have guessed it was that extensive. I remember when Stanley bought Mac Tools. It did not go over well with the employees, and before they all got laid off they sabotaged most everything they could. Black and Decker invented the power drill. I generally avoid their stuff as it's cheap junk, except an electric 1/2 inch impact driver I have that has been pretty good. My Hitachi drills have been very good, and I buy Chinese knockoff spare batteries for it for $16 bucks when Hitachi want $75. The Chinese ones have been fine. I recently bought a Bosch 19 volt impact driver and was astounded at the battery life. I nearly finished siding a whole 24x30 foot shop top to bottom with the original battery. Very impressive.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.