cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing a Honda Pilot 2011

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Can I tow 2011 Honda Pilot SUV behind my Class C RV?
7 REPLIES 7

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
If Honda has officially NOT done testing on Pilot models then they will not recommend flat towing it.

If an aftermarket company says you can tow it , would you take their word and just tow it ?
You would have be prepared to walk away from the car if it didn't workout for you while on the road. It might not be worth repairing it, if you burn the tranny and/or the transfer case. You'll be at the mercy of an unknown repair shop.

Certain models may have changed transmissions over the years and finding the correct answer may not be that easy.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
The other issue is WEIGHT and whether your coach is able to tow that heavy vehicle (approx 4,500 pounds).
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
I don't think your Honda manual will provide for recreational towing 4 wheels down. I believe 2005 was the last year any Pilots were towable. But as previously posted, you can check with Remco on whether there is a way to do it.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the only valid source of this information is the owner's manual.
bumpy

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
sandblast wrote:
Go to Remco site
Put in your info and it will tell you what you need or not!

Thanks for the information.

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Remco site
Put in your info and it will tell you what you need or not!

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
E trailer does sell a baseplate kit, a towbar, and safety cables for it. You might want to have a discussion with them. It might be that it's ok but not stated in the manual. You need to check carefully if you want to tow 4 down.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.