cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A $ question for class A in Michigan

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
We are seriously considering moving to a small class A DP.
I have been trying to figure out how bad the hit will be for some of the cost. We live in Michigan and I was on the Secretary of State website trying to figure out the registration fees. Couldnโ€™t find a solution.
Can anyone with a class A registration in Michigan give me a ballpark figure for registration and insurance?
The MSRP is $258,000. Which I think is needed to calculate, but not sure if itโ€™s msrp or weight at this point.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch
11 REPLIES 11

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
glad I live in TN 57 dollars a year .......
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

et2
Explorer
Explorer
2019 discovery LXE - almost 2000 for license plate fees yearly. BUT ... You can buy a temporary each year for the months you use it ( 60 days at a time). This is what we do. It cuts that in half.

AAA $1800 per year

fairway2002
Explorer
Explorer
2016 American Rev. MI tabs. $1800.00. Insurance $3200...

tyoungs
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2011 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43 ft DP, plate cost is based on MSRP depreciated for I think 5 years then holds steady (again I think this is correct). Anyway, in 2018 the cost for our plate on the 2011 was over $1,000. Transferred that plate to our new to us 2017 Entegra Aspire and will find out this June how much the new coach will be. It is very expensive for plates in Michigan but you can deduct on fed taxes.
Tom & Mary plus Lilli the Havanese
2017 Entegra Aspire 44B,
450 Cummins, Spartan K2
HRRVC #106803
2017 Buick Enclave toad:)
RV.NET Rallies attended - 6

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
Executive wrote:
Not on point, but be happy you don't have to register it or pay sales taxes in California. :E....Dennis

You got that right, I pay more for California registration on all my vehicles than I do for insurance :E And I get virtually nothing for it :M

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
I do not know if it still exist, the sec of state could answer this, but regarding the annual plate registration fee based on value, there used to be a clause that allowed a person to register a pickup and then transfer the plate to the motorhome, no additional charge. This was written in the Sec of State guidelines at the time. This was in the early 2000's. It worked for us for several years then we moved the registration to South Dakota as well as our residency. Now we are SD residents, but lender says coach must be registered in WI, go figure. Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not on point, but be happy you don't have to register it or pay sales taxes in California. :E....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Look at a seasonal registration, much less expensive than an annual. If you have a business attorney, talk to them about alternative registration methods. Michigan seems expensive to me since they use the sale price and don't discount for age.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have an 03 Monaco Neptune and the big cost was sales tax. Insurance is bundled through Citizens which is Hanover and is good for us. Your bundle will be different. Plate is under $300 per year.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
We have an 04 Newmar Mountain Aire and our renewal fee is $378 per year for the plate tabs. The cost is based on the MSRP and you may be able to do a search on here for other prices people pay. It seems like it is all over the board. Insurance would be tough to give you a price on. Best to just call your insurance company for that. Depending on how much time you spend on the road will affect the cost of your insurance. When we put ours in storage we cancel the road coverage therefor it's much less per month. Good luck in your search and hope it all works out for you.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Dont forget the sales tax on that price, thats is going to be large..

Call your insurance company and they can give you a quote before you buy it.