Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Honda Generator EU2000
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Honda Generator EU2000

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

Senior Member

Joined: 09/26/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/27/19 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:



I have used seafoam, its a great stabilizer , I guess. Nothing replaces shutting off the gas ,and running until it quits. No gas in the carb equals no problems

I have a 28 year old Honda lawn power, , and I have done this for 28 years, I leave whatever gas is in the tank, turn off the gas , run till it quits. Top off the gas with fresh in the spring, and it fires on the first one or two pulls, and runs as good as the day it was bought. I do the same with all my small engines.


The way Honda builds the switch into the fuel valve one can not do that. I took my eu1000i apart and did that years ago. Sold that and have an eu2000i that I have not yet added an off/on switch separate from the fuel valve. Chris


2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!


cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/27/19 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:



I have used seafoam, its a great stabilizer , I guess. Nothing replaces shutting off the gas ,and running until it quits. No gas in the carb equals no problems

I have a 28 year old Honda lawn power, , and I have done this for 28 years, I leave whatever gas is in the tank, turn off the gas , run till it quits. Top off the gas with fresh in the spring, and it fires on the first one or two pulls, and runs as good as the day it was bought. I do the same with all my small engines.


The way Honda builds the switch into the fuel valve one can not do that. I took my eu1000i apart and did that years ago. Sold that and have an eu2000i that I have not yet added an off/on switch separate from the fuel valve. Chris


Not sure what you mean , that you can't add a gas shutoff valve to the generator ??. I added a shutoff valve on my Honda eu2000 on the fuel line where it leaves the tank. Works very well.

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/27/19 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:



I have used seafoam, its a great stabilizer , I guess. Nothing replaces shutting off the gas ,and running until it quits. No gas in the carb equals no problems

I have a 28 year old Honda lawn power, , and I have done this for 28 years, I leave whatever gas is in the tank, turn off the gas , run till it quits. Top off the gas with fresh in the spring, and it fires on the first one or two pulls, and runs as good as the day it was bought. I do the same with all my small engines.


The way Honda builds the switch into the fuel valve one can not do that. I took my eu1000i apart and did that years ago. Sold that and have an eu2000i that I have not yet added an off/on switch separate from the fuel valve. Chris


Well, the gas shutoff valve is not the only solution on these Honda 2000's. There is a plug that you can unplug, apparently there is a gas shutoff valve. If you unplug the connection when you turn the generator to off it continues to run for about 3 minutes, and quits ,same as adding a shutoff valve. Drawback is if its unplugged you are either waiting three minutes to fill it with gas , or just use the plug to winterize , but you have to get inside to do that .

This guy on youtube went one step further he added a switch ,where I added my gas shutoff valve, but wired in the switch ,so he could switch to where the generator remained running until it ran out the gas in the carburetor , or where when he shut it off it quit to add gas. Switch or gas shutoff valve , take your pick.

For me if I would of known , I would of done neither. As often as I winterize mine, I would of taken that front cover off unplugged that connection , and let it run until the carburetor was empty ,and it stopped running .

theczar

Southern CA

Senior Member

Joined: 11/17/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/28/19 06:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

golf_bears wrote:

The fuel jet is probably gunked up. You need to remove the carburetor, pull out the fuel jet and clean it.


Agree with Golf Bears. Strange it is happening on a new unit. It happened to my 10+ year old Gen last year. Found this Vid and did the trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLCXb-hg78s

jmbstudios

Sunny Southwest

Full Member

Joined: 12/19/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/05/19 09:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I neglected my EU3000I one year. I drained the tank, put this stuff called Mechanic in a Bottle in the there and added fresh gas. 6 pulls and it was good to go.

A friend told me about it. I thought is was snake oil, but wow, it worked great.


2019 F250 Lariat FX4
2018 Genesis Supreme 32CR
PRS and Taylor Guitars

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

Senior Member

Joined: 09/26/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/06/19 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:


This guy on youtube went one step further he added a switch ,where I added my gas shutoff valve, but wired in the switch ,so he could switch to where the generator remained running until it ran out the gas in the carburetor , or where when he shut it off it quit to add gas. Switch or gas shutoff valve , take your pick.

For me if I would of known , I would of done neither. As often as I winterize mine, I would of taken that front cover off unplugged that connection , and let it run until the carburetor was empty ,and it stopped running .


The did that on our eu1000i, disconnected the run switch from the OEM knob and wired another switch next to it. So I could turn off the OEM knob and let it run the carb dry. Have to do it to our eu2000i.

[image]

* This post was edited 04/06/19 05:03pm by Me Again *

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/08/19 09:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Me Again wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:


This guy on youtube went one step further he added a switch ,where I added my gas shutoff valve, but wired in the switch ,so he could switch to where the generator remained running until it ran out the gas in the carburetor , or where when he shut it off it quit to add gas. Switch or gas shutoff valve , take your pick.

For me if I would of known , I would of done neither. As often as I winterize mine, I would of taken that front cover off unplugged that connection , and let it run until the carburetor was empty ,and it stopped running .


The did that on our eu1000i, disconnected the run switch from the OEM knob and wired another switch next to it. So I could turn off the OEM knob and let it run the carb dry. Have to do it to our eu2000i.

[image]




Its either or, but I would of just went with unplugging that connection, if I had known , I wouldn't have bothered with rewiring or a gas shutoff valve .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

 > Honda Generator EU2000
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.