cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hydraulic Slide Will Not Extend Completely

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 Bighorn 5th. The two rear slide operate off one hydraulic unit simultaneously. One slide with the full size refridge,stove, ent.ctr. remains approx. one inch from full extension. Yes, it's warranty'd. However, any suggestions? The other slide works fine,
Thankyou,
David
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 5.9
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags
4 REPLIES 4

ChuckSteed
Explorer
Explorer
On a hydraulic slide out system by Lippert there are not any โ€œlimit switchesโ€ in the system... the components would be...

.. hydraulic solenoid valve...
.. Hig( pressure cutoff switch

If you hold the extend or retract button in the slides will move in or out to full position and hydraulic pressure will build and activate the high pressure limit switch which in turn shuts off the hyd pump motor

You need to download the thru the frame Lippert slide out manual and there is a section that will show and guide you thru how to adjust the travel on the slides...

Each slide has an adjustment for extend and retract travel...

One has loosened up and slide is out of adjustment. ....Or something is in the way of that slideout preventing it from extending completely

https://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0131.pdf

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Operate one limit switch and see which slide stops.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
I have access to the limiter switch. I don't know which one it is, as the pump operates two slides simultaneously. Suggestions?

Thanks David
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 5.9
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked the hydraulic fluid reservoir to make sure it is full?

If you can get to the slide mechanism look for a travel limit switch, which may need to be adjusted.
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy