cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartland Pioneer - Any experience

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We currently has a Class A, but are looking to possibly go back to a TT due to limited sleeping space. Anyone familiar with Heartland Pioneer brand? We have a family member that bought a new 2016, and used it 4 times since buying it. I can get a great deal on it just so they can get out of the payments. But I don't see to much information online about them.

Anyone own them? Any common issues or anything that we should look out for?
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper
3 REPLIES 3

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
That is good to hear. We went from a poo up for 7 years to a hybrind for 8, TT for 1 once we we got custody great nephews to class A. Only got the A because we got a hell of a deal from someone in financial distress. We love the A, especially for its ease of going on short trips and for the storage. Now we have a family member with a Heartland Pioneer bunkhouse that is three years old and they only used it four times. This would suit us a lot better sleeping wise. I just hate getting rid of the A, but we won’t be loosing anything on it. Decisions...
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
haven't owned a pioneer but i assume they are entry level. as long as you like floor plan and price i see nothing wrong with an entry level especially if you are handy with maintenance issues. higher end models have problems and issues as well. wife and i owned an entry level wildwood TT for about 2 years and enjoyed the heck out of it from homebase in north carolina to niagara falls, florida, mountains and coasts and everywhere inbetween. never had an issue but i was meticulus about roof inspections and caulking. it was a rear kitchen, non bunkhouse 1 living room slide. only reason we upgraded to a 3 slide 37 ft TT was because wife wanted 3 slides and more room.

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I think they are an "entry level" trailer but so is the Trail Runner. We had the Trail Runner for 4 years and loved it. We would still have it if we didn't upgrade to a 5th wheel.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.