cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Re-attach pealing art/graphics/decals

bkenobi
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 NL TC in very good condition. I just noticed one of the letters on the side of camper artwork is pealing up. Is there any way to save it? I emailed NL but figured I'd ask here too.
11 REPLIES 11

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
I've thought about exactly that (although low in my long to do list, lol)
Have thought about just getting updated factory graphics, unsure of price. Maybe beg for a low price for free "advertising?" Was my thought.
Vinyl wrap is an option. I've thought about. ALOT of detail work around all the penetrations through the camper walls. Buy a big roll of knife less tape!
On the front cap I've thought about a "wrap" of light gauge diamond plate. On ours there's some de/lam that really can't be pressed and glued back in place, but could screw it all down so it's flush and tight and then overlay with light gauge plate. I looked it up and it was only about 75lbs for a full sheet cover for the cap. Don't remember what gauge. There's several available and not too expensive.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bkenobi
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed there are 3 or 4 areas that have this issue, so I'll have to do something. It's all on the NL logos, so I may pull those and leave the other graphics.

Has anyone considered a wrap or new custom decals?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Been thinking about how much the free advertising is worth to camper mfgs.
Anyone try to get a new set of decals on the cheap from the mfg?

No decals on an all white box, to me, looks like an all white box....plus there's a 99% chance that the old decals will leave significant shadowing. New ones, even if not exactly the same, hide that from casual perception.

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
The only two good options are remove it or replace it.
Maybe Northern Lite will sell you a new one.
Youโ€™ll probably have to heavily polish the gel coat if itโ€™s faded to where you can still see the outline of the old decal, if the new ones are a little different.
Thereโ€™s pretty much zero chance theyโ€™ve got any new-old-stock original decals because of the 2014 Northern Lite factory fire.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
If the decal is 12 years old itโ€™s likely pretty crispy. If not, re attach. If crunchy, Iโ€™d just scrape the whole decal

Heck the Texas sun made that Lance decal crispy and it is a 2015. Original owner might not have stored or covered it. I keep it covered storage now when not in use along with my truck from the Texas sun and occasional baseball size Hail!

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II
I went for the no graphics look on my last one for just this reason (view profile). Sorry it's now creeping up on you. As it gets older it most likely will get worse and trying to replace might be a chore if not impossible. Did it sun fade badly?...if not you might reconsider and remove the rest of what you got before it becomes a permanent image. Just my 2 cents.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I'm of the philosophy that no vinyl looks better
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

bkenobi
Explorer
Explorer
So I'd it's pliable it can be reattached with one if the products above. If not, either trim or remove are the only options?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
If the decal is 12 years old itโ€™s likely pretty crispy. If not, re attach. If crunchy, Iโ€™d just scrape the whole decal

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
My newly purchased 2015 Lance 1050s cabover Lance decal was peeling and I went to wash cabover and the decal came off so easy with just garden hose pressure. I am leaving it off. Looks good without it.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
3M edge sealer 3950
or
Rvinyl pro application tool pen
Both available at Amazon.
I bought the 3M awhile back but haven't used it.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive