cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bullet 308bh

Deuce222
Explorer
Explorer
Finally found the TT we want, now have to order it and wait. Any suggestions during the buying and ordering phase would be helpful.
Think we are getting the equilzer WDH any info on those?
16 REPLIES 16

Deuce222
Explorer
Explorer
no one in particular. Just making a compliment. Normally I see it getting pretty heated in some comments, here it's light hearted, that's good.

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
Deuce222 wrote:
it's only an extra inch on the wheels..... can you change wheels on trailers "up" putting bigger wheels on it and be safe? if so what are the advantages to doing that? I.E. will it increase your weight carrying ability etc. etc.?

Deuce222 wrote:
lol, you guys are funny. I agree I see some pretty opinionated comments on here.

If you were refering to me, I was just answering your questions. My original post showed how you should be able to order the same model trailer with more capacity and larger wheels and tires from the Manufacturer, and I wouldn't pay a penny more to do it if it was me.
2007 Duramax, Cognito 7"-9" Lift,

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
I think I would take delivery first before I inflicted myself with a case of RV Forum Tire and Wheel OCD compounded by comments from the National Association of Weight Concerned Citizens, AKA The Weight Police,.......but that's just my own opinion.

Congrats on the new rig.

That's what I thought right up to the point when one of my China Bomb tires shredded damaging the underside of fender. Happened within 5,000 miles of new. I have run XPS since then, with well over 20,000 miles and 5 years. I haven't had to add more than 2 LBS of air per year to any tire.

Deuce222
Explorer
Explorer
lol, you guys are funny. I agree I see some pretty opinionated comments on here.

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
2Rad4U wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
I think I would take delivery first before I inflicted myself with a case of RV Forum Tire and Wheel OCD compounded by comments from the National Association of Weight Concerned Citizens, AKA The Weight Police,.......but that's just my own opinion.

Congrats on the new rig.

Best post I've seen in a LONG time

Agreed
Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Quad Cab Express 4X4 5.7 Hemi 3.92
2021 Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ralph Cramden wrote:

Congrats on the new rig.

Best post I've seen in a LONG time
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
Deuce222 wrote:
Finally found the TT we want, now have to order it and wait. Any suggestions during the buying and ordering phase would be helpful.
Think we are getting the equilzer WDH any info on those?

Deuce222 congrats on finding the rig you want. Being it is a longer trailer I'd opt for the 15k AC for sure it will make those hot days a bit more pleasant and the Equalizer is a great hitch. I've been using it for 7 years now with over 40k towing with it...very east set up and about the easiest hitching and unhitching you can find today. The only downfall is it is a noisier hitch but it works and I can deal with that.

I also see 50Amp is an option for this trailer. I would opt for that too if it were me you can have your AC running and the wife can have that hair dryer going too at the same time...you can't do that with 30Amp...
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

librty02
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
14" tires on a trailer that size is just nuts!

WHY?!?!
It's GVWR is only 7500lbs....Those tires will carry over 8000 total :h

They are a good size and load rating for that trailer...
2011 FORD F-150 FX4 CREW CAB ECO...
2018 Ford F-150 Max Tow Crew 6.5 3.5 Eco...
2013 Keystone Passport 2650BH, EQUAL-I-ZER 1K/10K

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II

Congrats on the new rig.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
You get a much better selection of QUALITY tires. In my opinion you would be better off with a quality LT tire, (XPS Ribbed)or with Sailun Tires.

If you have the room between the tires and also to clear your wheel wells you can go to a 16" wheel and tire. Dexter Axle tips "Tip #24: Axles should be spaced far enough apart to allow a minimum of 1" clearance between the tires. More space would be required if tire chains are to be used."

Your GVW is determined by more than just your tires. You have to take into account your axle rating, and also what the trailer frame/tongue were designed to carry.

Deuce222
Explorer
Explorer
it's only an extra inch on the wheels..... can you change wheels on trailers "up" putting bigger wheels on it and be safe? if so what are the advantages to doing that? I.E. will it increase your weight carrying ability etc. etc.?

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
If you get the 308BHSWE it comes with ST225/75R15D and has 1382 lbs of carrying capacity. I don't know why they make an East model and a West model either.

Deuce222
Explorer
Explorer
ya, have twins, wife and step son. traveling behind trailer unless in state over weekend. Getting two ac's and 50 amp service, that's why the order and wait.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
14" tires on a trailer that size is just nuts!

Good catch...I didn't notice that..also only a 30 gallon gray tank....
Bunk house usually means family so that might be a consideration also.

All this is often the problem when manufacturers try to make them super light...something has to give.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro