cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What length sewer hose?

BeerBrewer
Explorer
Explorer
I can't decide between buying the 15 and the 20' RhinoFlex RV sewer hose kit. The 15'er is one piece and 20'er is made up of 2 10' hoses. My trailers waste hook-up is right about in the middle of the trailer, just in front the slide. I'm thinking that I should order an extension but I don't know how long?

I also considered the RhinoExtreme hose thinking that it would be better and possibly, but it got odd reviews on amazon. It got 4 stars, but for some reason 19% of the reviews only gave it 1 star and I thought that to be very high. I also wasn't sure if I could fit the 20' hose into the bumper.
40 REPLIES 40

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I carry a 10 and a 20. I can couple them together if necessary, but most of my campground dump stations are within 10 feet, it is only full hookup sites that might need more reach (because of slideouts vs site obstacles).
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
BeerBrewer wrote:
I can't decide between buying the 15 and the 20' RhinoFlex RV sewer hose kit. The 15'er is one piece and 20'er is made up of 2 10' hoses. My trailers waste hook-up is right about in the middle of the trailer, just in front the slide. I'm thinking that I should order an extension but I don't know how long?

I also considered the RhinoExtreme hose thinking that it would be better and possibly, but it got odd reviews on amazon. It got 4 stars, but for some reason 19% of the reviews only gave it 1 star and I thought that to be very high. I also wasn't sure if I could fit the 20' hose into the bumper.

I have a 15' Rhino sewer hose which I use all the time. I also have a 10' extension for use when needed.

I figure if I can't get within 25' of the sewer dump, I need another camp site.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

K3WE
Explorer
Explorer
lhenry8113 wrote:
We carry a 10ft. and a 20ft. and a connecting coupler to put them together if needed. Generally, the 10 ft. gets the most usage.

^^This, too, is my vote^^

As so many have said, 10' ft works very often...20' sometimes and yes, there was once when 30 ft was not enough. The 10 vs. 20 gives you nice flexibility to have a RANGE of lengths too.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
BeerBrewer wrote:

None of the above. Go to Walmart and buy the Camco 20 ft Revolution set for $29. Splits into two 10 ft sections if desired. Very heavy duty with high quality couplers. I personally never cared for the Rhino hoses
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
I got the 15ft with a 10 ft extension, I find that gives me three different combanations. and yes get the sewer support they are cheep and well worth it.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 15' Rhino and added the 5' extension. It has worked for all my travels so far.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
You will probably not need much more than 15ft, but it you at times! We stay at a local county owned park for weekend get-a-ways, and their sewer hooked ups are at the front of the site close to the road. That means with a 40ft site, depending on where your sewer outlet is, you may need 20 to 30ft depending on the site/outlet.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
^^^ Me too.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

RamCougar
Explorer
Explorer
lhenry8113 wrote:
We carry a 10ft. and a 20ft. and a connecting coupler to put them together if needed. Generally, the 10 ft. gets the most usage.
Ditto!
2003 Ram CTD QC LB 4x2 MT, LuK 13", 4:10LS, GDP Fuel Boss, SmartyJr#2, Bilsteins, Lil'Rocker, Prodigy, Tireminder, Garmin, SoundflySD.
2012 COUGAR 280BHSWE, GY Endurance, PI EMS, Wave3, Glow Steps, EU2000i on propane, EasyStart 364, Wally-Playmaker

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
memtb wrote:
IAMICHABOD, You set-up looks amazingly like ours.... though a different color container! 🙂

Dare I say it Great minds think alike..........:B

🙂
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
memtb wrote:
IAMICHABOD, You set-up looks amazingly like ours.... though a different color container! 🙂

Dare I say it Great minds think alike..........:B
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
After years of trial and error or what do I need or don't, I have come on a solution that has worked out for me,you may have to do the same.

I carry it all in a Rubbermaid Tub.

This consists of a 15 Foot Rhino Hose,mine has a white elbow downspout.and a Clear coupling just to make sure everything is gone.

A 5 FT extension and a Adapter elbow

Most times I use the 15 ft one it has always been long enough,I have never had to put them both together. The 5 FT one I have used alone many times. My dump hookup is about in the middle of the RV so most times I am very close to the sewer dump.

I also carry along the Sidewinder Hose support It can be used on short runs and long runs,I like to keep my hose off the ground if possible so it won't wear on the gravel or other surfaces. I have been in a few campgrounds that require them.
I have also found that This little Wrench has come in handy several times.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 15' Rhino hose, plus a 10' Rhino extension. Fortunately, I haven't had to use the extension yet.
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch