cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to remove bathroom faucet

lpaulcarter
Explorer
Explorer
In a 2002 Adventurer 810WS: I have a broken connector for the handheld in the shower and need to remove the faucet to either repair or replace it. I can't see any way to access the back and under side of the sink from either inside the shower or outside the camper.

Do I really have to cut a hole somewhere? The two choices would be in the plywood side of the camper (maybe not a structurally sound decision?) or in the face of the shower unit below the sink (definitely not an aesthetically pleasing result).

Thanks
Paul
2005 GMC 2500HD 4x4 (Duramax/Allison)
2859 Bayliner Ciera Classic on a tandem axle Tuff Trailer
2002 Adventurer 810WS TC
12 REPLIES 12

lpaulcarter
Explorer
Explorer
No access from below, behind or beside the sink. It appears the only option is the access door idea. The first photo is exactly right.
Paul
2002 Adventurer 810WS TC

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Beckson Deck plates. They have various sizes and have an O ring making them waterproof. Follow instructions to the letter when installing. They are a marine grade item and work very well.

One the ones that turn to get on or off apply a small amount of grease to the O ring, makes it easier later for twisting the cover off.

The other type has a cam locking hinged door but are little expensive.

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad

found an 02-completly different.

Faucet at back wall.

Outside pics show battery box in that corner? If it had outside shower likely would be forward of battery box.
Thru battery box (removal) likely but possibly thru taillight. Removing taillight, easier, might reach faucet,
but might verify if battery box removed if it would allow access. Or where a added door inside would be most
effective. Also see what, if anything, is under sink, other than battery box. Could gain some extra storage adding door.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
Is there access if you remove the outside shower faucet?
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
I can access my bathroom fawcet through the water heater compartment.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Maybe there is access through the bottom of the basement if you take a panel off.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Looks like similar stall as ours, Except has a small door.
Found this for an '03

I assume no access thru wardrobe? (wishful thinking)
Ours

When our faucet broke I took the opportunity to add separate shower valve, though looks like you have exterior compartment behind location I used.
Have a hard time understanding justification for building something with no access, especially plumbing, though not that uncommon?
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Someone at the manufacturer may also be helpful.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

lpaulcarter
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I have those access panels in my boat and that's what I was thinking of doing here. I'll post some pics shortly.
Paul
2002 Adventurer 810WS TC

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I would look into drilling a large hole and installing a srewed access cover. Similar to what is used on boats to access storage areas.
I just saw a pic of one being used in a shower for a 5th wheel. Can't find it now.
here...I Googled it:
https://www.google.com/search?ei=WoGWXIGcO4_2swXD46aYCg&q=marine+storage+screwed+access+hatch+covers&oq=marine+storage+screwed+acces
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have that exact camper but some photos might help people with similar set-ups to advise.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.