Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions: Zion
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Jesshopes

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/19 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We will be in Utah in the Fall...planning a stop at Zion. I tried to book Zion River Resort and they can not accommodate us. Other favorite parks in the area? We have a 37 ft TT and a lot of kids.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/19 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GO to the top of this page and push the RV PARKS button to begin your search. We've been all over the country and Good Sam has helped us immensely finding the RV parks in unfamiliar territory.

Oh, and download the Good Sam app to your phone. With the wife driving, I'll use the app to find a place to spend the night. Works great.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

Jesshopes

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/19 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks! I have the Good Sam app. I thought I'd get some first experience before I made a decision.

azdryheat wrote:

GO to the top of this page and push the RV PARKS button to begin your search. We've been all over the country and Good Sam has helped us immensely finding the RV parks in unfamiliar territory.

Oh, and download the Good Sam app to your phone. With the wife driving, I'll use the app to find a place to spend the night. Works great.

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/19 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also check Campendium. It's free and fabulous with review and pics from actual campers.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/19 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When we went to Zion we stayed at Watchman campground in the park and it was in September. There were quite a few huge Class A's there so it seems you should fit.

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/19 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Definitely check out Campendium. I just searched Zion National Park and a multitude of various campgrounds came up.

Desert Captain

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/19 07:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Watchman is where you want to stay and this far out you should be able to get a site that will accommodate your rig. Go online and check it out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

[emoticon]

Jesshopes

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/26/19 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The campground sounds fantastic but with the size of our group and the number of days we are going to be staying I don't think we can go without full hookup [emoticon]
Desert Captain wrote:

Watchman is where you want to stay and this far out you should be able to get a site that will accommodate your rig. Go online and check it out, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

[emoticon]

jensenst

Black Mountain NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/19 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have stayed in Zion Canyon campground 3 times. Walk to Zion entrance or shuttle close to all shops. Last weekend of September Zion canyon music festival

TenOC

On the road -- Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/19 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FYI ALL Zion parking (including parking on the side of the road) is taken by 10:00 Get up early!!!!! . . . [emoticon]

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS