Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Beginning RVing: good sam benefits vs. cons
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> good sam benefits vs. cons

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Deuce222

wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/19 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Getting ready to step into trailering life with a bullet 308bhs. have to order it yet and wait for it to get to me. Been seeing a lot of stuff about good sam. just wondering the benefits vs. cons. Is it really worth it? thoughts?

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/19 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Read the brochure to see if there is a benefit for you. For me, the little discount at commercial campgrounds is the only thing I would use and even that rarely. So, I don't waste my money. Besides the whole organization is not customer friendly.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/19 06:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are multiple parts of it.
If you want to join for CW discounts and possible 10% at campgrounds that's up to your usage, other organizations offer buying/camping discounts too. Escapees, Passport America, etc. Its on you to figure out which ones are the best for your type of areas and usage.
If your looking at roadside assist, check your dealer first, some offer a free year of GS or Coachnet when you buy, and again if you are buying, read the fine print to see how many exclusions each will have.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/19 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I learned in another post, Good Sam is not friendly to veterans so it's not worth it to me and I won't be renewing.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

Ralph Cramden

Not on this rag of a forum

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/19 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

There are multiple parts of it.
If you want to join for CW discounts and possible 10% at campgrounds that's up to your usage, other organizations offer buying/camping discounts too. Escapees, Passport America, etc. Its on you to figure out which ones are the best for your type of areas and usage.
If your looking at roadside assist, check your dealer first, some offer a free year of GS or Coachnet when you buy, and again if you are buying, read the fine print to see how many exclusions each will have.

A 10% discount at Camping World, is typically still a good 10% to 20% higher price than you can get the exact same item for elsewhere. And the fine print on their coupons typically includes hoops to jump through like expirations and not being able to be used online. It does not always hold true, but does about %95 of the time.

Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/19 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can get the same discount on CG's with AARP or several others most of the time. As for discount at CW you can buy much cheaper at Amazon.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Deuce222

wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/19 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks, this is the kind of info I'm looking for...Army vet... figured as much just verifying.. just see GS posted everwhere.

dons2346

Sioux Falls, SD, formerly of So. CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/27/19 11:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Deuce222 wrote:

thanks, this is the kind of info I'm looking for...Army vet... figured as much just verifying.. just see GS posted everwhere.

FMCA has a veterans chapter that I belong to. We have rally's combined with the Elks and Full Timers chapters, always a good time.

FMCA now has almost 4,000 members that own towables.

If you want more info, PM me.

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/19 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dons2346 wrote:

I suggest you check out the benefits offered by FMCA. We are a non profit, member owned organization with over 78,000 members.

FMCA
To the OP - I bought a lifetime GS membership when buying my first TT from them for around 200 bucks. I subscribe to their roadside assistance. Used it once, had to wait an hour, but most likely typical. I don't buy anything from Camping World. I get treated lousy in their stores. Guys running them are only about the money. Needed a part for my friction sway controller. Told me that I needed to buy a brand new one. I get my stuff through Etrailer.com, Amazon, or Walmart.

I use National General which is through GS for insurance because they had the best policy/price of the quotes I received. continued with the new fifth wheel.

But - I'd compare them with FMCA as I didn't know about them. Looking through their website, they look like a great place to get a comparison quote from, although it took me seeing a picture of a guy in a t-shirt to figure out what FMCA stands for.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Deuce222

wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 03/27/19 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whats fmca stand for?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> good sam benefits vs. cons
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS