cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Pressure Mon. Syst. question...

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
I know I'll likely get a variety of comments and that's exactly what I need. I'm getting ready to buy a tire pressure monitoring system and I need to know from current owners how you feel about the one(s) you own. I want to buy a good, dependable system and I need your comments. Thanks in advance... / Larry
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake
14 REPLIES 14

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
georgelesley wrote:
I do the same before we depart for the day. It checks all mh and toad tires for me. I still do a walk around to check that nothing got โ€œplacedโ€ under the tires or vehicles.

very good practice, I once found a 4 oz. tire weight sticking out of the tread, ready to be pushed into the tire at next rotation.
We stopped at a over look on the way to Homer Ak. hears a sssssssssscoming from the right rear tire of the trailer, added a can of tire goo and drove it to homer to get it fixed.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
PGCR wrote:
Whatever you get, ensure you get flow-thru sensors so you can check (and adjust) your tire pressure every morning prior to departing for the day.

I just turn on our TST monitor an hour or so before departure to get the current readings. Some TPMS sensors stay in a sleep mode until the wheels start turning, but the TST sensors updatte every ~5 minutes even while sitting still. A visual tire inspection is part of my normal pre-departure walk around routine. I prefer the smaller valve cap style sensors that are lighter and as easy to remove for airing up as standard valve caps once you remove the useless rotating security covers.

I do the same before we depart for the day. It checks all mh and toad tires for me. I still do a walk around to check that nothing got โ€œplacedโ€ under the tires or vehicles.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who responded. Appears there are several recommended but TST seems to lead the pack. Again, thanks!
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
PGCR wrote:
Whatever you get, ensure you get flow-thru sensors so you can check (and adjust) your tire pressure every morning prior to departing for the day.

I just turn on our TST monitor an hour or so before departure to get the current readings. Some TPMS sensors stay in a sleep mode until the wheels start turning, but the TST sensors updatte every ~5 minutes even while sitting still. A visual tire inspection is part of my normal pre-departure walk around routine. I prefer the smaller valve cap style sensors that are lighter and as easy to remove for airing up as standard valve caps once you remove the useless rotating security covers.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
I've used a basic Pressure Pro system since just after they started and have been very happy with it. Replaced sensors over the years as the batteries died, but that's it. With 14 tires it's well worth the investment compared to manually checking pressures every morning.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

PGCR
Explorer
Explorer

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Another satisfied customer with the TST system. Upgraded twice. Easy and great customer service...I buy the extra batteries from an eBay seller and keep extras in my kit when needed.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
We are now on our third TST system with three different mhโ€™s obviously very satisfied.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Airdaile wrote:
How about looking this this thread started just last week. :S

Thanks!
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
How about looking this this thread started just last week. :S

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I'll third the TST vote... We've been using their TPMS for about 9 years and have been very satisfied with both the performance of the system and their customer service. TST has likely saved us well over the cost of our 10 sensor system with timely alerts to both pressure and temperature related problems. I prefer the standard cap sensors over the flow-thru sensors, since I remove the rotating security covers. That makes the sensors smaller, lighter, and less noticeable. Airing up just involves spinning them off like an ordinary valve cap.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

lm17
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased an EEZ system after lots of research. I think most of the brands out there for RVs are pretty good.
2016 Forest River Forester 2801QSF Class C

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
There are a few systems out there that work well. I have owned the TST systems since they first started. Over the years I have upgraded the system and now own the TST with the color monitor. The service after the sale has always been excellant.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
We have THIS one, it works great.
It will teach you how to set proper tire pressures.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.