Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Overnight parking in Cranberry PA
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Overnight parking in Cranberry PA

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Airdaile

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/19 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like Cranberry is a good place to be from. As far FROM as you can get.

stew47

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/19 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

I would ditch the turnpike at I-79 South down to I-68 east and save enough on the turnpike fees to stay anywhere + lots of areas available to park overnight. Did I mention much smoother road and NO TOLLS.

I took 68 in November and was great. Took turnpike back and the toll was 20 $ just for a car. Chestnut Ridge camp ground near Morgantown had 5 stars

SpeakEasy

Western New York

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/19 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's another thought/strategy to consider.

Do a google maps (or whatever your favorite mapping ap is) route from your origin to your destination. Note the miles. Then do it from origin to a nearby park midway (try Raccoon Park in Beaver County in this case) to your destination. Now note the miles. Often the additional # of miles is not very significant, since the app takes you the shortest route to the park and then back on course afterward.

I use this method when I'm trying to decide if a Harvest Host location is close enough to our chosen route to consider using it for an overnight.

-Speak

It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/19 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

I would ditch the turnpike at I-79 South down to I-68 east and save enough on the turnpike fees to stay anywhere + lots of areas available to park overnight. Did I mention much smoother road and NO TOLLS.
We also take 68 - that turnpike is outrageous. If you don't need FHU - we stay at Cooper's Rock State Forest near Morgantown - or Rocky Gap State Park near Cumberland on our way to and from DC.

"I'm out here to enjoy nature -- don't talk to me about the environment!" ~Denny Crane

Susan & Ben
2004 Roadtrek 170 for quick getaways
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub for longer trips
Trip Pics

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/19 09:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geeeeezzzzzz, is there not even a truck stop along the highway somewhere for getting a nights sleep and doesn't sound like the OP is looking for any real recreation?
Does every nearby town, not have a Walmart, allowing for overnight stays?
Start with giving this one a call....
20245 Route 19, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066
(724) 772-4550

* This post was edited 03/30/19 09:56am by tropical36 *

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/19 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies. I was considering the 79 to 68 trying to avoid the turnpike fees. But it added over two hours round trip. The extra fuel was also a expense to consider. So we found staying on the turnpike to the Breezewood exit was the best scenario.

That New Staton - Fox Den Acres looks like it will work.

Thanks much!

Ralph Cramden

Not on this rag of a forum

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/19 06:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tropical36 wrote:

Geeeeezzzzzz, is there not even a truck stop along the highway somewhere for getting a nights sleep and doesn't sound like the OP is looking for any real recreation?
(724) 772-4550

There is a truckstop if the OP goes 5 exits east of Cranberry Township and gets off on 70 then West about 5 miles.....it has a Pilot or Flying J. At that place it won't be the Cranberry Twp police knocking on the door, it will be someone looking to make a few bucks in a mini skirt or hotpants. Its a real nice truckstop. Has a gentleman's club on property also called Philly Corral LOL.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 03/30/19 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That would be the best extra hour you ever spent once that rough turnpike with wall to wall trucks gets done beating you up.. Plus tons of places to just pull off and park if you want not to mention all the places to see and eat. Have fun in DC

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/19 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

tropical36 wrote:

(724) 772-4550

There is a truckstop if the OP goes 5 exits east of Cranberry Township and gets off on 70 then West about 5 miles.....it has a Pilot or Flying J. At that place it won't be the Cranberry Twp police knocking on the door, it will be someone looking to make a few bucks in a mini skirt or hotpants. Its a real nice truckstop. Has a gentleman's club on property also called Philly Corral LOL.

Well that would make for a evening to talk about. The wife wouldn't be amused. [emoticon]

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/30/19 06:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ferndaleflyer wrote:

That would be the best extra hour you ever spent once that rough turnpike with wall to wall trucks gets done beating you up.. Plus tons of places to just pull off and park if you want not to mention all the places to see and eat. Have fun in DC

Seriously, is the turnpike ( actual road) that bad?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Overnight parking in Cranberry PA
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.