cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

loosing old members

54suds
Explorer
Explorer
loosing old members here ???? seem a lot are gone / going any particular reason personally I post way less because of less knowledge on newer campers AND because of sites horrible photo posting process ! whats your opinion /reasons for less participation ???
2021 Chev 6.6 duramax ltz DBL cab,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011
223 REPLIES 223

bigfootford
Nomad
Nomad
Still here but have not been doing much due to the virus.
Big cross country trip planned in Nov.

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Still around & camping. Still have the Palomino and the F-350. Wonderful trouble free set-up. Not liking the crowded campgrounds where folks are jammed in about a yard or two apart. Not liking the barking dogs, screaming drunk adults, or the loud music past midnight.

Spending time now in the North Maine Woods where you can drive all day and only see deer or a dozen moose or more. So few people around you feel like no other human is on the planet. Sit around the campfire at night and hear the owls 'talking' to one another while enjoying the beautiful night sky filled with thousands of twinkling stars. Season pass is reasonable, so no campground fees or people on golf carts zooming by. Best of all is that there are no camper flood lights shinning all night because the owner of the camper is afraid of the dark.

A good book is helpful during the down times when fishing is not an option. Peace and quiet enough so that there is plenty of time to ponder on things of personal interest.

Safe camping.
Lakeside

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to see this site switch to the vBulletin platform. It's far more user friendly and is the standard for most forums. And the excuse that Lemonis can't afford it is BS. NONE of the heavy-trafficked car/truck/boat forums use this antiqued style...and I frequent more than a few discussion forums. Only one uses this, circa 2000 platform.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
We are still around and find the archives useful for solving problems. But we are between RVโ€™s right now and the 18 foot T@B teardrop we have selected to replace our pusher isnโ€™t well represented among the RV.net crowd so not sure weโ€™ll be interacting much with the membership for problems etc. Facebook is a much better resource for that type of trailer. As well weโ€™ll be pulling it with an electric vehicle which is now a forbidden topic on this forum. Facebook is also a good resource for those towing with EVโ€™s as for the most part they are just met with ridicule on RV forums like this one.

When Iโ€™m helping a friend or neighbour with an issue I quite often google the problem and the RV.net archives quite often have the answer so itโ€™s still a good resource. I suspect as the remaining old school members die off they will eventually shut it down but I hope they keep the archives active. Lots of knowledge there.

Cheers and stay healthy all.

Pete_k
Explorer
Explorer
Found myself still reading this forum. Even after we sold our TC,and enjoyed it. But between health and life, found I came around less and less. Most times showing up read a dozen or so pages of threads..
Then find my self kicking my own tail. For selling our T/C. But back looking for a truck camper again. Now to only find a Host within 10 or 15 hours we can look at.
As for posting pictures I use this to post them.
http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1
2022 Ram Big Horn DRW
2016 Eagle Cap 1200
2012 Landmark Key Largo
2005 Chevy Kodiak c5500 Cummins 5.9/Allison Trans

Mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Still camping, still have the Host and F550!

'08 Ford F550, Lariat, Link Air Suspension, Roll-A-Long Conversion, Twin Turbo 6.4, TorkLifts, SuperHitch, "Monster Duty Truckasaurus"
'09 Host Everest, Dual Pane, AM Solar, Link 1000,Prosine2.0,Tank Htrs,Honda EV4010,HD Motosat,Wave 6.

Dewclaw
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just returned after being gone for a while. The groups on Facebook are so easy to use and, shame on me, I'm on Facebook almost daily. Still, the experience seems to be here. Many of the Facebook posters are new to the game.
2008 Northern Lite 9-6 Q Classic SE
2007 GMC 2500HD

fast_5
Explorer
Explorer
I am still around, just pullin different toys now.
Mike
2004 FORD F350 Supercrew 4x4 V10 Airlift incab controls 42" titan extension.
2007 LANCE 1131 Loaded, Air,Dicor,all weather packages Awning&Slide awning,2500lp Onan camp power,back up camera,dish
Fast.5 Reno Page http://community.webshots.com/user/fast5

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Geewizard wrote:
So, I'm still here and so is my 2004 Outfitter Apex 8 and Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4x4.

....still here, too. With our one-and-only 2005 Outfitter Caribou 8 and original 2004 Silverado. We've had to put the rig into storage early this year, because of you know what ๐Ÿ˜ž

Click For Full-Size Image.
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
3 tons wrote:
mkirsch wrote:
3TV wrote:
I've been around for 18 years now, but don't post as much now. The photo posting procedure is terrible. I don't know why this forum cant do it like every other forum on the internet?

Photos take space. Space costs money. Anybody here paying to access this site? Good Sam is the sole owner and sponsor of the forum so it would be coming out of their pocket.

So let me get this straight, RV net strategically opted to make posting a contorted nightmare deliberately to save money??.... Ha, Iโ€™d rate that excuse right up there with beliefs in Purple Unicorns - lol

3 tons, a proud resident of RealVille

The forum back-end for RV.net is ColdFusion based and ANCIENT, it's literally running on the same code back end that it was in 2003 and hasn't really changed since.

When the current version of the forum went live, the cloud didn't even really exist as we know it and Windows XP was the latest OS. Hosting cost a pretty premium and so did servers, so you had to minimize costs as much as possible.

So, RV.net, is still running the same way it did nearly 20 years ago on a design based around the internet as it was from nearly 20 years ago.

Most of the other forums that have stayed alive (iRV2 and a lot of other smaller RV related vBulletin based sites are all owned by the same folks now), are using an entirely different platform.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
3TV wrote:
I've been around for 18 years now, but don't post as much now. The photo posting procedure is terrible. I don't know why this forum cant do it like every other forum on the internet?

Thatโ€™s the root of the problem right there. Not that RV.net makes you use a photo hosting site, but that itโ€™s different from other forums. I get it, itโ€™s a different process. But, youโ€™d have to upload your images somewhere, so if youโ€™d just take the time to become familiar with this tool, itโ€™s as easy as pie:

RV.net Photo Posting App

I just posted a trip report in the Truck Camper forum, and it took me longer to compose the text and decide WHICH photos to post than it did to actually post the photos. And, I did it all on my iPhone.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
3TV wrote:

Photos take space. Space costs money. Anybody here paying to access this site? Good Sam is the sole owner and sponsor of the forum so it would be coming out of their pocket.

So let me get this straight, RV net strategically opted to make posting a contorted nightmare deliberately to save money??.... Ha, Iโ€™d rate that excuse right up there with beliefs in Purple Unicorns - lol

3 tons, a proud resident of RealVille

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is an extensive RV's & Toads for sale section on the escapees forum.
And many other on line RV trader sites.
Do we really need one more?
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
JoeChiOhki wrote:
BurbMan wrote:

One BIG service to the members that Camping World REFUSES to add is a classifieds section. You wanna hear some real crickets, head over to the irv2 forum...zzzzz......

They briefly tried a number of years ago, but it flopped.

Classified sections are a whole can of worms. Inevitably deals go bad, and guess what is the ONLY thing both sides can agree on?

IT'S THE FORUM SITE'S FAULT!

Doesn't matter how much boilerplate you put in the agreement you make users sign. They expect the site moderators to mediate disputes. They expect the site to reimburse them if a deal goes bad. Some of them even bring lawyers.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.