Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How do you store/ keep it clean ?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How do you store/ keep it clean ?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
jamesu

Camano Island, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/19 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Over the years I was able to store TT on my property in the open next to the house. I washed it when dirty and experimented with covering it with a huge tarp or with a purchased TT cover or with not covering it at all. Because covering brought moldy-type crud to the finish I found over the years that I was happier not covering it at all. So I stopped covering it.

We moved to our retirement home 5 years ago. HOA covenants do not allow me to store it on my property. Actually a blessing because we found a local storage yard with secure covered parking for the TT at an affordable price. I love it. No more watching it fade in the sun and/or toughing out in rain and snow storms out in the open. No more leaning the 6’ stepladder up against the side and pulling a foot of snow off the roof with the yard broom in one of our wet, heavy snowfalls. That is a lot of weight on a flat roof.

2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Try this stuff when you put it away at the end of the season. Releases chlorine dioxide gas and cuts mold and rot. Every fall we set up a display in the store using an aquarium divided with plexi-glass. We throw some apples and bread etc in both sides and put NosGuard or Marine Magic in one side. It sits for a few month and the difference is amazing.

Having a hard time finding Marine Magic this year. It must cause cancer in California or something.

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/04/19 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bought a metal carport and park it underneath. That stores it and keeps rain, dirt, UV, leaves, etc off the roof. Being stored clean, it doesn't get washed often.

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

ExxWhy

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 08:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm spoiled, store mine indoors. 5 yr's old and looks brand new, it really makes a difference!

Yes to the wax!

TheBar

MS

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 09:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It also depends on your climate. If you live in a constant high humidity environment like 90% 24/7 even new cars on the dealers lot form moisture inside. No cover will cure that.

Retired factory automation computer programmer
Cabin fever solution: 30' Class C
DW loves it more than I do

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> How do you store/ keep it clean ?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.