Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: Snowbird Report Card
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snowbird Report Card

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/19 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now that the season is over, how was it for you?

Colder than normal in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. But still cheap. We rate the season by how many times we are forced inside for happy hour and this year we spent a lot of time inside. As a casual observer, every picture from Arizona showed my friends there wearing jackets.

chris3403

Jeffersonville, In

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 08:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were also in the valley more specific Weslaco and out of 93 days we probably only had to stay in 20 or so days without Happy Hour

MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/19 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Southwestern AZ was much colder than expected. Cut our stay short. The Gulf Coast was definitely warmer, overall.

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) N24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/01/19 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Florida state parks and 1 nat'l forest in northern FL. plus 2 national parks northern Gulf Coast. Very good state parks in FL. Impossible to get in the southern coastal ones but many great ones north. 85% of the weather was great, 70s to 80 day, 40-50 night. Mostly sunny without high humidity in winter. Generally speaking, too much traffic but not so much around the parks we went too.

Jayco-noslide

Vette Racer

Oklahoma

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we were told by some that this winter in SW AZ was the coldest since 1993. Don't know if that is true or not but it was colder than the previous 3 years there. Still a lot better than being at home!

KE5NCP
2016 Ram CC Dually, 2011 HitchHiker 349 RSB DA, 2018 Wrangler unlimited Rubicon

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We did Florida and did the Thousand Trails/Trails Collection shuffle. I pay about $625/year in Thousand Trails dues.

From 1/1/2019 to 4/1/2019, I stayed within the system all except 12 nights. If I don't use TT any more this year, it makes my nightly rate be about $8/night. However, we will be in the TT/TC system for quite a bit more this summer.

Those 12 extra nights were at a Jellystone campground for a rally and were about $50/night. I paid the same for those 12 nights as I do a year's worth of TT membership dues.

Weather-wise was pretty decent. A handful of cool days- but from pictures, it was still warmer than we saw friends in Arizona experienced.

Getting reservations was a little more challenging and I never did make it down to the Keys like I'd hoped.

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: B&W Turnover Ball + Companion
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

catkins

Western Washington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AZ winter was cooler than normal by 10-15 degrees. Sunny skies, lots of wind but better than NW rain/snow/cold. Hoping for more normal temps next winter!

pawatt

Brainerd MN / Palmview TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/01/19 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

16th Winter in the Rio Grande Valley, This was probably the second coolist year out of the past 16. We had a very light frost once but not enough to damage our tropical plants except for the banana trees that are very tender,
A good winter, we still love the Valley after 16 winters. Great friendly people both the locals and the Winter Texans. Great flea markets and very low cost of living. Tons of activities and Happy Hours. We are in South Palmview near Bentsen Rio Grande State Park and the World Birding Center. Lots of parks on Bentsen Palm Drive for every budget and we have room for youall, come on down.

daily double

ketchum ok.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/19 06:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just remember, no matter how bad it gets in RGV, it's STILL better than home!!

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/19 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This was our 16th winter season in Yuma, AZ. Most everyone who has spent a number of winters here also agrees that it was cooler this winter. And I watch the normal temps in the local paper, and almost daily in January and February, the temps were down. But as so many other posters have said "It is better than home" and being from Penciltuckey I definitely agree.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Snowbird Report Card
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS