cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Texas RV campgrounds

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
We are Rving it right now at NAS Corpus Christi. Heading toward OK. Looking for some suggestions for nice RV sites going on the east side of San Antonio, Austin, Dallas. We really like COE Hickory Creek. But need something more south. Any favorite places you want to share. Thks
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!
14 REPLIES 14

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Debbie! I didn't even know they had a mil CG there.

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
We are staying for the first time at the JB Ft. Sam Houston Canyon Lake until Sunday. . $20. FHU. No WiFi, cable. Check in staff Not the friendliness. Easy to get to. Close to New Braunfels. Husband was happy to see an In-N-Out a mile away. We grew up eating at in n out. Thks for all the suggests. I need to check out the other suggestions. Tomorrow weโ€™ll check out Canyon lake.

Canyon lake is really nice. While we were here we checked out the COE it also very nice. We are staying on the army side. We have FHU and a peak at the lake from our RV. The AF side is more open to the lake.

Enjoyed the town of Gruene that was close by. Music and wine tasting.

Tomorrow off to Proctor COE for a few days. Thanks for all the suggestions. We will be back to visit them.

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
CFerguson wrote:
May I ask where you stayed (and what you thought of it) around the NAS? I lived near there some decades ago and plan on visiting soon.

We stayed on base NAS. They have a really nice campground right on the water. You have to be military, retired, etc. we have stayed here twice. WiFi, FHU, Free laundry, group room. No weapons. Close to everything.

dedmiston
CFerguson wrote:
maybe they want to keep the riffraff like me out of their CG!

:B :B

It's working!

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. I thought you were at or at least closer to the CC NAS- say around Corpus or Kingsville.

Allow me an off topic gripe (spurred by that CG): why would anyone want to hide their rates by placing "Call for Rates" on their website? When you have an interested potential customer visiting your website, you DONT want to drive them away. My reaction to seeing that is that their rates are exorbitant and I don't need to waste my time further. Which may or may not be true. Poor business practice imo. (or maybe they want to keep the riffraff like me out of their CG!).

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Green Tree Village twice. It's pretty nice unless your looking for a destination campground.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
May I ask where you stayed (and what you thought of it) around the NAS? I lived near there some decades ago and plan on visiting soon.

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
COE at Lake Georgetown...........Cedar Breaks
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
You might check out Airport COE on Lake Waco if you want to stop there and do the Magnolia thing. I never stayed there but heard it is good.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
Guadalupe State Park just outside San Antonio is a great place to stay;
Elec/water and nice hiking/cycling trails; Right on the river, nice scenery
Gerry

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
If you like COE parks (I sure do!!), then two of my faves are Potters Creek (just north of SA), and Cedar Breaks or Jim Hogg (just north of Austin) which are both on Lake Georgetown right across the lake from each other.

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually

Vw_triker
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.angelsingoliadrvpark.com
I think it's south east of San Antonio, great little park,
It's in goliad, tx
Visited 2 times this Winter

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure if you are going by Mason City but they have an excellent city park/fairgrounds.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
San Antonio has Ft. Sam Houston, which has a nice RV park, to the north. Close to downtown, if you're interested the Alamo, River Walk, etc.
Also checkthis link, maybe it will help.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!