cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full time RV Living

Brenda_Dunton
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I are going to go full time living in an RV next year. My question is, are there any tips to going full time, and do people like it?
11 REPLIES 11

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
vtchris wrote:
I have been full timing since 2008 and still love it. I'm single and 75 so have to admit the driving part is getting more tiring. So I am compensating by limiting daily miles to less than 200, often 100-150. Slowing down LOL.

At 76, I've been shortening our driving miles between parks as well, but we set a new "record" in February when we made the move from Rodman Campground in FL to Salt Springs Recreation Area, just 15 miles away. If we hadn't stopped at the Square Meal restaurant in Salt Springs for lunch, it would have taken a whole ~20 minutes... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

vtchris
Explorer
Explorer
I have been full timing since 2008 and still love it. I'm single and 75 so have to admit the driving part is getting more tiring. So I am compensating by limiting daily miles to less than 200, often 100-150. Slowing down LOL.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Brenda Dunton wrote:
My husband and I are going to go full time living in an RV next year. My question is, are there any tips to going full time, and do people like it?

What will you have for health insurance?
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
How much RV experience do you have? Any longer trips under your belt yet? Maybe one of the key things to deciding if full-timing is for you or not, is whether you're glad to get home after an RV trip, or are you sad it's over and looking forward to the next trip. We have an "exit plan" cottage that's been in the family since the '40's for when we have to hang up the keys, but when we say we're going "home", we always mean to our motorhome.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Start reading the blogs of people who post in fulltime sections on different forums. That will give you the best education on all of the different ways people fulltime.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Every thing you ever wanted to know - https://www.rv-dreams.com/
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The DW and I have been full time since 1997. Ask any questions and you will likely get "mostly" good answers and some nonsense. Try to filter it out and you should get a pretty good overview of the full timing lifestyle.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Oh and I love to just travel anywhere and everywhere.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Been full timing since 10/16 sometimes I stop for a week sometimes a couple days. Depending what you plan on doing set a budget, I set $4,000 a month for fuel, food, and camping fees plus maintenance.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Way too many variables to formulate answers. Whether or not it is for you will depend upon many things. Your budget, your age, your physical health, your personal likes and dislikes, your background and countless other items are in play. If you give the group a few more details, you might start to get a handle on a few of those questions, but there is no way they can ever all be answered definitively.