Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Got a deal on oil change
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Got a deal on oil change

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/19 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I let my local dealer do all my oil changes. Occasionally they send coupons. Got an e-mail offering regular oil change for $19.95, normally $39.95. Took DW’s Expedition in this morning planning to run thru the auto car wash ($11) afterward. Dealer changed the oil/filter AND washed it. So I spent $20 instead of $50. [emoticon]

Also got a coupon for diesel oil change for $89.95 good for two more months. Just about right for my F350. [emoticon]

After 4 oil changes I get the next one free. Need to check when that free one is coming up as I always save that for the truck. A little annoying that they always try to sell extra services. But really really easy to say no.

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/19 05:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WINNER-WINNER-CHICKEN DINNER..... [emoticon]

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/19 06:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good for you, but I don't want a deal on oil and filters, I want the best I can buy.

* This post was edited 04/03/19 06:50pm by Gulfcoast *

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/19 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since it is my Ford dealer I assume it is Motorcraft. They have been doing my changes for 30 years and never a mechanical failure, with most all vehicles hitting100,000 miles and some over 150,000. Never saw a need for synthetic. Gave up doing my own changes years ago.

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/19 08:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like to see what oil I'm using on a bottle or container.

* This post was edited 04/04/19 06:21am by Gulfcoast *

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/19 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gulfcoast wrote:

Good for you, but I don't want a deal on oil and filters, I want the best I can buy.

You know Best doesnt necesarily have to be most pricey

https://youtu.be/Ye-5EyrwkOQ

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/19 10:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Heckuva deal.
Car dealers are good for 2 things now. Cheap, I mean economical, oil changes (for the Amzoil tribe) and popcorn!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/19 10:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Dodge Dealer does my 2007 5.9L CTD oil/filter changes for $59.99 while I sit in Lounge drinking coffee/eating donuts and swapping stories with the other folks

Better then the barber shop......

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

Ralph Cramden

Not on this rag of a forum

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 02:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck. I too had one of those oil change deals done @ 93/94 on an almost new 93 Chevy K1500, z71 reg cab stepside, teal green and silver. What a sharp truck it was.

Mr Goodwrench left the oil filter loose and it fell off going down the interstate at 70 mph on the way to work one morning at 4 AM, in January when it was about -10 degrees. I remember walking 3 or 4 miles down that highway like it was yesterday. What a deal it was. I've not had a quicky lube done at a dealer or oil change juke joint since. They usually don't have their top tier techs doing those oil changes at dealers, but it might be the nose picking lot kid whose previous experience was filling cups or being the VP of fries at McDonalds.

2 many 2

USA

View Profile

Posted: 04/04/19 03:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ralph Cramden wrote:

Good luck. I too had one of those oil change deals done @ 93/94 on an almost new 93 Chevy K1500, z71 reg cab stepside, teal green and silver. What a sharp truck it was.

Mr Goodwrench left the oil filter loose and it fell off going down the interstate at 70 mph on the way to work one morning at 4 AM, in January when it was about -10 degrees. I remember walking 3 or 4 miles down that highway like it was yesterday. What a deal it was. I've not had a quicky lube done at a dealer or oil change juke joint since. They usually don't have their top tier techs doing those oil changes at dealers, but it might be the nose picking lot kid whose previous experience was filling cups or being the VP of fries at McDonalds.

[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Got a deal on oil change
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS