cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-40 Little Rock to Memphis current conditions?

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Will be traveling from NE Texas to Michigan in July. Have not used I-40 for several years due to the rough road. I know that that there has been road repair on I-40 for many years.

Has anyone traveled this way recently and could you please report on how the road is?

Thanks in advance
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
4 REPLIES 4

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone! We will go up I-57 then swing over to Indy and then up US- 31. Destination is Muskegon for our 50th High School Class Reunion. Yes, HS Sweethearts!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We were on it last week. It was pretty good in most spots. There were 2 sections that were a little rough but they weren't that long.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Came through last October and while its not in the best shape its not the worst I have been on either. That stretch is old though some parts have been resurfaced most have not. It was tolerable. Are you going over to Knoxville and the up 75?

mlburst
Explorer
Explorer
We traveled that stretch of I-40 last September - it was rough and in poor condition at that time.
Mike & Joanna
Myrtle Beach SC/Port Charlotte FL
"Any-timers" since Dec 2010
2010 Heartland Sundance 2900MK
2012 Ford F250 Lariat King Ranch CC 6.7L Diesel
Heartland Owners Club #1452
Escapees #99187