cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Longest Lasting Roof Vent Covers

Macs_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
So we have 07 WW SL2805 and took it in to get the roof re-done. I also had the roof vents replaced just because they were so old. No issue's with them. Just didn't want any because they were so old. The place that did them installed Vent-lines polypropylene and they only lasted 1 year and just disintegrated. We now have tinted ones on them. Looking them up I should of went with the poly-carbonate ones. Does anyone know if tinted ones last longer that the white ones ? Also how long would the poly-carbonate one last ?
2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski
10 REPLIES 10

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
So far our Fan-Tastic Fan vents have survived a few hail storms and a crazy blizzard we just had here. Not to mention the sun that beats down on it.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
Yes, the Polycarbonate covers will last longer, and will withstand a little more impact. They do seem a little bigger, maybe not fit as well as some.

I just ordered some Camco covers, due to them opening in the rear for cleaning of vent screen. Now I am reading, that they do not last very long in the sun, like the Maxx Air do. Anyone have any experience with the Camco version?

Jerry

Well we had that exact Camco and after four years, one blew off in a wind storm, and one other was badly cracked. We replace those with MaxxAir with a six year warranty.
Then about a month later another wind storm took one of the two remaining Camco, so now we have all four as MaxxAir.
The Camco were extremely brittle, and basically fell apart.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Macs_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. We do have one Max Air cover over the bathroom vent cover. We'll look at getting some Poly-carbonate covers. I also was looking at maybe getting some sort of UV clear coat to spray on the new ones we have as well but not sue how that would hold up.
2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
They used to make metal ones. In put one on my first TT... I bet it is still good.

My present TT hasn three. I put Max Air covers on it when it was new. The first covers still disintegrated, but at least the Max Airs prevented a leak,

So at least in AZ, the Max Airs are not a permanent solution.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
I don't really need or care if light comes though my vent covers so I covered them in 3M aluminum tape before installing them. This tape is long lasting and pretty much impervious to sun damage. Figure my covers will last longer than the trailer ๐Ÿ˜‰
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Labman7
Explorer
Explorer
Have the Camco covers on our 2014 Jayco. Nothing but issues. All 4 have been replaced at least once. The front one over the bedroom, 3 x's. Only replace with the same since our dealer keeps giving us free replacements when I complain! Whenever I have to start buying them, I will go with a different brand. The problem has been after a year or so in the sun, they break at the flange and go flying off. The last time I replaced them, I used a 3/4" x 1/16 aluminum strips to spread the load along the flange.. They no longer fly off, just get brittle and crack.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes, the Polycarbonate covers will last longer, and will withstand a little more impact. They do seem a little bigger, maybe not fit as well as some.

I just ordered some Camco covers, due to them opening in the rear for cleaning of vent screen. Now I am reading, that they do not last very long in the sun, like the Maxx Air do. Anyone have any experience with the Camco version?

Jerry

Y-Guy
I live in the desert, when we bought our first RV the dealer strongly recommended putting the Maxx Air Covers since the vent lids don't hold up well in direct sun that we get nor the strong winds. Driving with the lid open seems to be the killer for the cheap ones, I've lost count how many I see along the Highways.

If you have any high speed vent fans installed I suggest getting the newer Maxx Air II cover, it opens for easy cleaning and allows more air flow. Maxx Air II

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would suggest getting the Polycarbonate vent lids they last a lot longer,mine have been on over 7 years and look like new.

Also something like the Maxxair covers,they will make your vent lids last longer.

If you have vent fans the new Maxx Air Fan Mate is a great choice,It is a bit taller than the regular Maxx Air II and moves more air.

The covers are constructed of high density polyethylene with maximum UV inhibitors for years of worry-free protection,unlike the others on the market today plus a 6 year warranty.

While doing this a good thing to do is to replace the Vinyl Seal easy to do and makes a better long lasting seal.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Get yourself a set of MaxxAir vent covers installed. They will protect your vent covers. We have had ours on our RV for close to 9 years now and they are in the same condition they were when we bought them. Definitely worth it.
2010 Suncruiser