cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water hoses

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have any of you on this forum found RV water hoses that you can roll up after use? The ones we see at RV stores all seem to be the same as we have--can not roll them up when under 75 degrees.
The regular garden hoses usually roll up when we're finished, but folks in the know state that we shouldn't use them for human us. I'm over 70 y/o and have slept in cribs with lead paint, stood up in the 56 Ford while moving, and drank gallons from a garden hose, but I can't use one to fill the tank (the rubber taste is character).
Any ideas?
11 REPLIES 11

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some people are also sensitive to the taste of vinyl hoses. Valterra makes a "taste-free" hose. We have one of their "kink free" hoses but has had a BIG kink in it for years that won't go away, pffft...

Some don't care about what chemicals and metals are in hoses, but I won't use a hose unless it's NSF certified and labeled for potable water.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you seen those armored hoses (Stainless steel jacket) What I'm using now. Some are potable rated.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks. Time to go shopping.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
I just over-under coil the potable water hose in a 20-24" coil and connect the ends together.
I, too, dislike using a long hose when a short one will do. Hence, I have two 25' and one 10' hose. I bought ends to cut one of the 25' into one long and one short (length to be determined) to connect in my new free standing water filter.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Like rhagfo above we use the Zero g hose. The make one specifically for RV-Marine use. It has held up for years and stores easily.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

MrWizard
The one I was referring too, is the "Handi hose"
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

rhagfo
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Zero-G hose for everyday use, that are rated drinking water safe, will likely use one to replace drinking water hose.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We have a white "safe for RV use" hose that lays flat when empty. When rolled up it is about 16" or 18" and 1.25" thick. It does not seem to be effected by freezing weather, it still lays flat when empty. They seem to have been pretty popular back in the '80s and '90s but are hard to find now.

I don't know why they are no longer readily available other than maybe cost. Ours was purchased in 1990 and has been in use since then. The only problem had to do with the end fitting not being too durable.

Here is a link to a couple available.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
"Flexzilla" hoses work great for us even at near freezing temps.

Flexzilla Hose
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

MrWizard
the collapsible hoses on a reel, "camping hose"
are easy to roll up and self draining
but you have to toally unroll it to use it, all 25 or more feet
even if only 10ft from water connection/faucet

i never taste rubber, using the white potable water hoses
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I don't roll them up on a reel, but I can coil up the white Swan fresh water hoses relatively easily in cold weather. Too cold all hoses get stiff.