cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct TV Distant Network Service

hanknjoyce
Explorer
Explorer
I submitted a new DNS Waiver request 6 weeks ago because "my previous one was expired". They just told me my waiver was denied (I told them I had at least two previous waivers with no problem). When I asked the CR why she said the networks denied it..all five of them? When she tried to connect me to DNS people I was disconnected because their account service assistance stopped right then for the night (10:00 P.M. Mtn Time). I will call back tomorrow but wondering: Have any other folks been "routinely" denied the DNS waiver lately? Sounds fishy to me.

Thanks

Hank
Custer SD
2005 Mandalay DP
2012 Honda CRV
Winegard Travl'r Auto Satellite Dish
13 REPLIES 13

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
When you file the new waiver, your account will be checked to ensure that you do not have both Local Networks and DNS Networks on your account. You will only be allowed one or the other so moving receivers between home and RV will work just fine as long as you never leave your local TV service area (a few hundred or more miles) then you will have no issues. If you plan to travel long term or long distances you can setup 2 accounts and suspend one and activate the other. This must be for at least a 30 day term and can be done up to 4 times per year.
You will have to setup 2 separate full price accounts, one with locals and one with DNS and separate receivers for each account.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dish Network lost the right to offer DNS services years ago for not enforcing this set of rules.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
^^^^ Interesting. Does the new "Mobile Vehicle Account" result in additional charges? Right now the 2 receivers in my MH cost me something like $6 per month each. If the new account only costs $12 for the same packages I have now, then maybe I would go through the hassles of getting DNS. I just use my OTA antenna if I want ABC, NBC,CBS or FOX. Have only been one place where I could not get OTA stations, and could not get satellite either because of the trees.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
Just got this email from At&T
Thank you for subscribing to our broadcast network service for your mobile vehicle. We offer our mobile customers DNS (Distant Network Signal) programming of ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC network feeds from New York or Los Angeles, along with a CW network feed from Washington, D.C. or Los Angeles, and a PBS feed.

We are updating the records on file regarding your account and your Mobile DNS services. In order to continue receiving Mobile DNS services, you must send us the following information:

Photocopy of your vehicle registration form(s)
Mobile Vehicle Declaration of Intent form (click here)
Photocopy of commercial driver license (if requesting service for a commercial vehicle)

If you have receivers in both your home and mobile vehicle and have already set up separate accounts, we need you to reconfirm which receivers should be associated with each account. Along with the information included above please send us the following:

Mobile/Home Account Receiver Location List (click here)

If you have not already set up a separate mobile account and have receivers in your home and in your mobile vehicle, we need you to submit the following:

Application for a New Mobile Vehicle Account form (click here)

What you need to know before you send us this information:

Federal law does not allow DNS programming authorized for a mobile vehicle to be viewed on receivers located in your permanent residence. If you have, or plan to have, receivers in both your home and mobile vehicle, you must have a separate DIRECTV account for each location. No exceptions.
To take advantage of some DIRECTV services, you must keep your system receiver continuously connected to a land-based phone line. Because this continuous connection is not possible for systems in vehicles, mobile vehicle service does not include the ability to order/view pay per view movies/events with your remote.

PLEASE RETURN ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BY JUNE 15, 2019. If you do not return the requested information to us by Saturday, June 15, 2019, we will assume that you no longer wish to receive Mobile DNS service, and we will remove the Mobile DNS service from your account.

When you return all the paperwork listed above, we will review your account. If any of your receivers are incorrectly associated with your mobile or home accounts, we will move those receivers to the appropriate account. If we need to create a new account for your mobile vehicle, we will remove the mobile vehicle receiver(s) from your existing residential account and activate the programming packages you have selected on the completed Application for a New Mobile Vehicle Account form. The programming on your existing residential account will not change.

Any account changes may take up to 30 days to process once we receive your updated paperwork.

Please send your updated information to:

DIRECTV
Attn: Mobile Network Services
P.O. Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO 80155-6550
Or via email to: ATTDNS@amcustomercare.att-mail.com

If we do not receive the requested documentation from you by June 15, 2019, we will assume that you no longer wish to continue receiving Mobile DNS service, and we will remove the Mobile DNS service from your account.

If you no longer have your mobile vehicle or no longer wish to receive Mobile DNS service and currently have a separate account, you may call DIRECTV at 800.531.5000 to move any active receivers back to your home account and disconnect your mobile account.

Please remember the following:

Your dish must be pointed to the satellite located at 101 degrees West longitude, or your system will not be able to receive the signals. If you submit the updated forms and experience a disruption in your DNS programming, first check to make sure your dish is pointed to the correct position. If you still are not receiving the signals, then please contact us at 800.531.5000. We look forward to receiving your information and bringing you broadcast network services.
You may suspend your residential account or mobile vehicle account up to four times per calendar year. Each suspend request must be for a minimum of 30 days and cannot exceed 6 months.

Questions? Call us at 800.531.5000.

Thanks for choosing us,
DIRECTV
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only difference between NY and LA Networks is the commercials you watch. NCIS or the Tonight Show is exactly the same on every Network channel not matter the origin of the broadcast. The only real difference between Local Networks and DNS Networks is the local news. I can get that (if I am interested) using my OTA Batwing Antenna. Then, it's back to DNS and whatever I recorded as I really hate watching live TV and all those commercials.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
2chiefsRus wrote:
legolas wrote:
hanknjoyce wrote:
I submitted a new DNS Waiver request 6 weeks ago because "my previous one was expired". They just told me my waiver was denied (I told them I had at least two previous waivers with no problem). When I asked the CR why she said the networks denied it..all five of them? When she tried to connect me to DNS people I was disconnected because their account service assistance stopped right then for the night (10:00 P.M. Mtn Time). I will call back tomorrow but wondering: Have any other folks been "routinely" denied the DNS waiver lately? Sounds fishy to me.

Thanks

Hank
Custer SD
2005 Mandalay DP
2012 Honda CRV

Guys, I am not a techie and some of this such as DNS is into the weeds for me. I have Directv and am staring to worry about rumored changes. I understand "locals" and when I travel in my MH I take 2 receivers from home with me and when I get where im going, if its out of my normal-at home viewing area, i call Directv and do an service address change...i get locals....then when I get home i do a service address change back to home address. I have never had a problem doing this. What am I missing?

What you are missing is it is much more convenient to have the DNS locals out of New York or Los Angeles if you move over and over and over again throughout the year as a full or nearly full, timer. I can't imagine having to call Directv every time we move from one spot beam area to another.
By the way, we are still on the same DNS waiver we submitted back in 2000 with our first motorhome.

We like to get the locals in the area where we are, not much interested in New York or LA. We camp once a month and then one long 6 - 8 weeks in Aug-Sep, I probably only make 3 calls during that time.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
I have been using the same DNS waiver since early 2000. However, if I was part time and turning DNS of and off (so I can get locals when home) the DNS should always be approve if it is submitted correctly and all receivers on the account are designated DNS or inactive.

Thanks Bill.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
legolas wrote:
hanknjoyce wrote:

Thanks

Hank
Custer SD
2005 Mandalay DP
2012 Honda CRV

Guys, I am not a techie and some of this such as DNS is into the weeds for me. I have Directv and am staring to worry about rumored changes. I understand "locals" and when I travel in my MH I take 2 receivers from home with me and when I get where im going, if its out of my normal-at home viewing area, i call Directv and do an service address change...i get locals....then when I get home i do a service address change back to home address. I have never had a problem doing this. What am I missing?

What you are missing is it is much more convenient to have the DNS locals out of New York or Los Angeles if you move over and over and over again throughout the year as a full or nearly full, timer. I can't imagine having to call Directv every time we move from one spot beam area to another.
By the way, we are still on the same DNS waiver we submitted back in 2000 with our first motorhome.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The change to AT&T owning DirecTV! Things are changing.

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
hanknjoyce wrote:

Thanks

Hank
Custer SD
2005 Mandalay DP
2012 Honda CRV

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been using the same DNS waiver since early 2000. However, if I was part time and turning DNS of and off (so I can get locals when home) the DNS should always be approve if it is submitted correctly and all receivers on the account are designated DNS or inactive.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
How long does a DNS waver last? I only did the process once and that was in 2010. I like having DNS and if that goes away so will DTV. I have been a continuous subscriber for 24 years and RV for the past 9. I know Dish doesn't have a DNS equivalent (unless there is something new I'm not aware of) or I might have switched years ago.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
AT&T/DTV seems to be making things like changing locals more difficult for RV'ers while Dish is making it easier. I wonder if the DNS issue is part of that trend...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate