cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Little Rock AR to Harrisburg PA

vtchris
Explorer
Explorer
Can I have both a non mountainous route and yet have it be scenic? Or am I asking for too much? Oh, and make it direct with a smooth surface too LOL. I-74 or I-81 or something else?
6 REPLIES 6

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
We just came that way a few weeks ago. Just take I-40 to I-81. Roads were in decent shape.No problems.

vtchris
Explorer
Explorer
padredw wrote:
Just to be clear: the BLUEGRASS Parkway is in Kentucky--from Elizabethtown to Lexington. It is a nice drive, even if as I do without stopping at even one distillery.

Kentucky has a system of parkways, had them before many of the interstates. Some of them are now being incorporated into the interstate system. I take the Western Parkway to the Bluegrass Parkway. Have also used the Cumberland Parkway across southern Kentucky.

Thanks for the clarification! Looks like it parallels 62 and totally doable. Thanks for the tip!

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Just to be clear: the BLUEGRASS Parkway is in Kentucky--from Elizabethtown to Lexington. It is a nice drive, even if as I do without stopping at even one distillery.

Kentucky has a system of parkways, had them before many of the interstates. Some of them are now being incorporated into the interstate system. I take the Western Parkway to the Bluegrass Parkway. Have also used the Cumberland Parkway across southern Kentucky.

vtchris
Explorer
Explorer
TxGearhead wrote:
I would try to work in Bluegrass Parkway if you haven't done it. Maybe a distillery tour. Makers Mark or Woodford Reserve.
I just did I-76 west bound from I-99. Not a good drive in torrential rain. Maybe pick a US highway and follow it east. US60, US62, etc.

I have done the Blueridge (in the Fall...WOW) and am not a drinker. I am thinking 67 to 69 to 62 to I-64 to I-79.

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
I would try to work in Bluegrass Parkway if you haven't done it. Maybe a distillery tour. Makers Mark or Woodford Reserve.
I just did I-76 west bound from I-99. Not a good drive in torrential rain. Maybe pick a US highway and follow it east. US60, US62, etc.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
I''m not a big fan of I-81. For good scenery on a route that, while not level, is not too mountainous, I like I-69 to Lexington, I-64 to Charleston, W. V., I-79 to Morgantown, I-68 to I-81.

Out of Little Rock, I hate I-40 to Memphis. I take U.S. 67 to Popular Bluff, MO, then work my way east to pick up I-69.